The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Shiny, shiny exhaust from Tony Banks (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=283690)

good_mojo 21st May 2018 21:24

Shiny, shiny exhaust from Tony Banks

Today I went down to Leeds to visit Tony Banks. He has fitted a very nice stainless exhaust that is all very shiny. His setup was all very efficient, professional and was all done within three hours.

The visit went well. I hopped onto a bus into Leeds to have a mooch around before returning to collect the car.

I never liked the old exhaust that was on the car. When I bought the car, I had to buy the the exhaust in a hurry to get the car through a MOT. It had a big ugly silencer that hung very low and the exhaust tips protruded and fouled the rear bumper. Although it was sold as a Rover 75 system, it would have been better suited to the MGZT. I decided at the last MOT that it would have to go because one of the silencer supports was breaking free and I reinforced it with a strip of builders band to keep me going. This bodge was very successful and there was still plenty of life in it.

I have no qualms about replacing it though. I have a lifetime guarantee on the new one, so I'll never need to worry about replacing it again. I think the cost at £250 before VAT was very reasonable for a full cat-back system with silencer in stainless steel.

The drive home was an effortless cruise up the motorway. The new exhaust is very quiet and discrete, hidden behind the bumper, as the Rover exhaust should be.

I am happy to recommend Tony Banks to anyone in the club who needs an exhaust. For those who want blingy tips he has a big range for you to choose.

suzublu 21st May 2018 21:30

Went stainless a few years ago, best thing I did regarding a consumable part:cool:

Fusilier 21st May 2018 21:37

Stainless Steel Exhaust

Scott

Good setup they have at Tony Banks, and very efficient, your 75 will look much better as well, and you wont regret it, never need to worry about it again.

Stu

trikey 21st May 2018 21:38

+1 more here for Tony's work.

maxi_crawf 21st May 2018 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2632145)
+1 more here for Tony's work.

Ditto.....

Dawn 22nd May 2018 05:59

Trikey recommended Tony to me, but I was in a budget! Luckily you can do instalments with no interest too! Love the one he did on my V6!

Trueiron 22nd May 2018 11:13

Going to be taking my 160 to them in the next week or so. Hopefully before MG Live

ceedy 22nd May 2018 14:53

wish he was closer ;)...

as the localish !! powerflow or Longlife want to wring a further £100-125 quid for the same sort of system..:duh: :mad:

Also not much chance of competative quotes either as both those companies seem to be in the same place down here :shrug:

Unit 1 Gore Cross Business Park Corbin Way DT6 3UX

C

good_mojo 22nd May 2018 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2632322)
wish he was closer ;)...

as the localish !! powerflow or Longlife want to wring a further £100-125 quid for the same sort of system..:duh: :mad:

For me, it took close on two hours there and the same going back. I guess you are looking at about 5 hours each way.

If you booked a Travelodge hotel room (in advance) for an overnight stay, you would still save money.

mystabe 22nd May 2018 16:14

Tony Banks is the only place I'd trust for a good job, yes there are good Powerflow franchises - but there are very bad ones too!