The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   FBH keeps going to lock out (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295105)

macafee2 19th April 2019 20:40

FBH keeps going to lock out

My FBH pcb seems to keep going into lock out and removing fuse 8 does not unlock it.

It was repaired, worked then locked out. It was unlocked, worked then again seems to have locked out... wont fire up.

I'm have been earthing pin 3 to use it so the car is warm before I start it

Glow plug has been tested and was found to be ok.

What values should I get if I test the water pump and fan?

Anything else I should be testing?

Seems repairing is more expensive then replacing:eek:

macafee2

bl52krz 19th April 2019 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2728116)
My FBH pcb seems to keep going into lock out and removing fuse 8 does not unlock it.

It was repaired, worked then locked out. It was unlocked, worked then again seems to have locked out... wont fire up.

macafee2

Hi Ian. Was talking to Trebor yesterday while he was fitting a switch for me and my friend’s cars about fbh. Evidently the glow plug is used to make two diagnosis, so it may read ok , but might not make the second diagnosis correctly. I would get in touch with Trebor or Stocktake to carry out a test on both functions for you..

suffolk boy 20th April 2019 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2728116)

macafee2

there are few things that can cause this.does the fan work ?is the water pump working? is the fuel pump ok?
faults with any of these will cause it to shut down.
i made up french mikes magic tester which is a bulb with holder.two bits of wire and two sewing needles.solder all together.then you pierce the live feed then place the other needle into the feed for the fan the light will come on and the fan runs etc.repeat the process for the other components before replacing any thing.or if you have access to a t4 put it on that i belive it can tell you whats is going on with these components.

Mike Trident 20th April 2019 09:03

Deffo do these checks! It will only start if everything is ok when in runs through it's check cycle.

macafee2 20th April 2019 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by suffolk boy (Post 2728173)
there are few things that can cause this.does the fan work ?is the water pump working? is the fuel pump ok?
faults with any of these will cause it to shut down.
i made up french mikes magic tester which is a bulb with holder.two bits of wire and two sewing needles.solder all together.then you pierce the live feed then place the other needle into the feed for the fan the light will come on and the fan runs etc.repeat the process for the other components before replacing any thing.or if you have access to a t4 put it on that i belive it can tell you whats is going on with these components.

As the pcb has it seems gone to lock out, can I still perform all these tests by earthing pin 3?

if I supply 12v from a battery to the water pump and fan, is this an acceptable way to test?

I don't have T4 but there is one not too far away

macafee2

suffolk boy 20th April 2019 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2728191)
As the pcb has it seems gone to lock out, can I still perform all these tests by earthing pin 3?

if I supply 12v from a battery to the water pump and fan, is this an acceptable way to test?

I don't have T4 but there is one not too far away

macafee2

check the fuse in the engine comp fuse box first.if then it works by earthing pin three you should be able to feel the air being sucked in the the fan intake and hear it.the water pump should also whirr into life.you can feel if its moving by touching the casing

macafee2 20th April 2019 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by suffolk boy (Post 2728206)
check the fuse in the engine comp fuse box first.if then it works by earthing pin three you should be able to feel the air being sucked in the the fan intake and hear it.the water pump should also whirr into life.you can feel if its moving by touching the casing

I'll be on it tomorrow but am fairly sure all of these will work.

macafee2