The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Free use of garage - Banbury (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=177381)

preedster 20th March 2014 18:11

Free use of garage - Banbury

Hi all,

if any fellow members out there require the use of a garage workshop for doing work on their cars then I am offering the use of mine for free.

it has an inspection pit and I have a good selection of hand and power tools, obviously I cant accomodate long term projects and this might not be ideal for someone who lives in tyne and wear or cornwall because of my location.

the reason I am offering this is that my workshop is standing empty 95% of the time which is a real waste.

so if you have an exhaust to fit or what have you then let me know

valleygixer 20th March 2014 18:24

Miles away from me but a really kind offer.

Tin Tent 20th March 2014 19:05

Great offer to members, Thanks

bl52krz 20th March 2014 23:09

Really generous offer for someone. Well done.

Dragrad 20th March 2014 23:55

An excellent offer to local members, but, what is your insurance coverage ?

Don't want to detract from your offer, but situations need to be covered... I would seriously get some advice on the matter especially as the premises are yours and the tools offered are yours......

Similar offers have been made some time ago, and were withdrawn or amended dependent upon the circumstances.

Just looking out for you :}

Thread title amended to reflect the subject ;)

marinabrian 21st March 2014 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by preedster (Post 1613764)
Hi all,

if any fellow members out there require the use of a garage workshop for doing work on their cars then I am offering the use of mine for free.

it has an inspection pit and I have a good selection of hand and power tools, obviously I cant accomodate long term projects and this might not be ideal for someone who lives in tyne and wear or cornwall because of my location.

the reason I am offering this is that my workshop is standing empty 95% of the time which is a real waste.

so if you have an exhaust to fit or what have you then let me know

Bah, I wish to make a complaint, can you not relocate your entire workshop to the Tyne & Wear area ?

Nice gesture, this is what we need, people willing to assist others :bowdown:

Brian :D

Gate Keeper 21st March 2014 08:21

Hi Paul, that is a very generous offer which would appeal to members living in London and the south. Dragrad has made some useful points which is worth thinking about. You might want to think about including a limited liability statement in your offer or do one on a flyer for members visiting to protect yourself and equipment :}

preedster 21st March 2014 10:30

garage

hi all,

never thought about the insurance aspect of it all just assumed that because its my personal garage and not a business that it would be fine, I guess that I will need to look into it further

Petetourer 21st March 2014 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by preedster (Post 1614263)
hi all,

never thought about the insurance aspect of it all just assumed that because its my personal garage and not a business that it would be fine, I guess that I will need to look into it further

Or just put up a disclaimer removing any liability from yourself ;)

Jordan Apex 21st March 2014 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 1614145)
Hi Paul, that is a very generous offer which would appeal to members living in London and the south. Dragrad has made some useful points which is worth thinking about. You might want to think about including a limited liability statement in your offer or do one on a flyer for members visiting to protect yourself and equipment :}

London and the south?