The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   T.V. Fraud program. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294163)

jackatesme 22nd March 2019 10:50

T.V. Fraud program.

Anyone watched this program last night. I was surprised about how lenient the sentences were. While the majority of these frauds and scams are aimed at the older generation, as part of that generation i watch a lot of daytime television,where we are inundated with adverts with funeral costs and money saving schemes from banks and building societies.But i have yet to see an advert that gives advice to the elderly to be aware of these scams and how to avoid them. I feel that these companies and the government are showing a lack of concern about making the elderly aware. :mad:

Jay 22nd March 2019 18:07

Totally agree with you there John!

ceedy 22nd March 2019 20:15

Luckily. I'm getting older,more cynical and distrusting every day. 😂😂

HarryM1BYT 22nd March 2019 20:50

It is not just the elderly who fall for scams, everyone does, which is what makes it worth their while.

AndyN01 23rd March 2019 07:47

Which brings us back to the deterrent/punishment value of our current Police/judicial/penal system......

Something needs to change.

How about the minimum fine for a scam fraud is 100X the value of the scam?

Andy.

Darcydog 23rd March 2019 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2721188)
Luckily. I'm getting older,more cynical and distrusting every day. 😂😂

Exactly the way to be! I am always amazed at how trusting people who get scammed are.

An excellent website to check out is the FCA site that posts up info on scams old and new.

MSS 23rd March 2019 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyN01 (Post 2721252)
Which brings us back to the deterrent/punishment value of our current Police/judicial/penal system......

Something needs to change.

How about the minimum fine for a scam fraud is 100X the value of the scam?

Andy.

But, surely, that would bankrupt many in power! :shrug:

Rev Jules 23rd March 2019 21:31

Old saying?

You will never get Owt! For Nowt,

Rev,

AndyN01 25th March 2019 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2721448)
But, surely, that would bankrupt many in power! :shrug:

Good. :D

That would give opportunities for people who are honest, trustworthy and have integrity.

Andy.

jackatesme 25th March 2019 18:48

Just sent an e-mail to the letters page of the Daily Mail with regard of the thread subject. When i went back to my in box there was an e-mail from the United States finance department,letting me know i am entitled to 1.5 million dollars.:D Should of told them to put it into Trumps wall fund.