The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Shops to re-open (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305155)

suzublu 25th May 2020 19:20

Shops to re-open

June 15 all non essential shops to re-open:bowdown:

BoroRover 26th May 2020 05:59

Some good news at long last. I think everyone is looking forward to some degree of normality again.

Lancpudn 26th May 2020 07:20

Hey I might be able to get hold of some compost & bags of top soil, it's like gold dust around here unless you want to queue up at B&Q for two hours, I'd need a cup o tea & a chair to do that. :D

RPWC 26th May 2020 07:41

So you can go to the shops but you still can’t visit your friends or family’s houses.Unbelievable. Still too soon IMO.

clf 26th May 2020 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2814678)
Hey I might be able to get hold of some compost & bags of top soil, it's like gold dust around here unless you want to queue up at B&Q for two hours, I'd need a cup o tea & a chair to do that. :D

B and M, and various supermarkets I believe should have bags of soil (I dont know if it is what you would need though).

------------------------------------

Re the opening of most shops, unfortunately the authorities need to do something like this to control the self entitled and selfish. To start this opening it means that there will be a return some kind kind of normality and improve confidence. Possibly reducing the 'panic' buying/shopping as there was at the beginning of lockdown, and therefore a reduced risk of infection.

planenut 26th May 2020 08:37

Oh no, and chance spending money?

macafee2 26th May 2020 08:40

nothing I want to buy but good news if all goes well and infection rates don't climb. I do worry infection rates may climb, I guess it is up to us to make sure it does not

macafee2

Brunty 26th May 2020 09:12

The shops will not be opening near me! In Wales. Just want a haircut.

Dallas 26th May 2020 09:29

Do we believe the announcement was released only to distract everyone from the Cummings fiasco?

Lancpudn 26th May 2020 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2814690)
B and M, and various supermarkets I believe should have bags of soil (I dont know if it is what you would need though).

------------------------------------

Re the opening of most shops, unfortunately the authorities need to do something like this to control the self entitled and selfish. To start this opening it means that there will be a return some kind kind of normality and improve confidence. Possibly reducing the 'panic' buying/shopping as there was at the beginning of lockdown, and therefore a reduced risk of infection.

Yeah I usually get my top soil from there but both local B&M's sold out weeks ago. I ordered two 80ltr bags of potting compost from QVC in mid March & still not been delivered! :shrug::mad:

I reckon barbers/hairdressers will do a roaring trade, I wonder if our local barber is still doing 5 quid haircuts when he opens!