The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Handbrake compensators (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=169605)

HarryM1BYT 8th January 2014 15:04

Handbrake compensators

CURRENT CONDITIONS AND COST HERE -
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...70#post1435470

I am now out by three more compensators - in other words there are three of you who despite my charging a deposit, have seen fit to not bother returning your old compensators over recent weeks.

The only way I can run this modification service effectively, is by you guys returning the old compensators. You took advantage of my offering these on the cheap, at least have the decency to return the old ones please.

The situation is one of if I don't get them back, then I will not have any in stock for the next person. No stock means they have to either be without use of their car whilst they send me there compensator for modification or they have to source one from a scrap car to send to me.

As the £20 deposit on their return seems not to be a sufficient incentive I shall now increase this to £25 effective as from now.

I charge you £7.20 for the modification + a £25 deposit. Once I get the compensator safely back here, you get the full £25 returned. So the cost to you remains at £7.20 for the work and the postage - bargain. If you send me a compensator first, no deposit is needed.

Woof25 8th January 2014 15:16

Sadly harry there will always be those who cant be bothered and once their problem is solved dont care about the next person needing your help

HarryM1BYT 8th January 2014 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woof25 (Post 1535647)
Sadly harry there will always be those who cant be bothered and once their problem is solved dont care about the next person needing your help

..and unfortunately these items are no longer available new, the only source left is scrapped cars which makes it not really worthwhile.

Confession - I did fail to make one refund of the deposit to one 'customer' - JB. I wasn't aware his refund had been over looked, but now it is sorted.

I usually do the refunds the same day as I receive the old compensators - if anyone ever does return one, but the refund does seem over long in coming, don't hesitate to let me know please. Time available to make a refund is time limited by paypal - so you do need to let me know promptly.

ashbash2403 8th January 2014 18:10

I am one I hold my hands up and have struggled to get it done I recent weeks, terry @tsautos didn't have time to do it when over for replacement hoses, I will get mine to you or I can send the modified one back Harry if you prefer ?

And woof25 don't be so quick to give us your opinions unless useful

HarryM1BYT 8th January 2014 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashbash2403 (Post 1535857)
I am one I hold my hands up and have struggled to get it done I recent weeks, terry @tsautos didn't have time to do it when over for replacement hoses, I will get mine to you or I can send the modified one back Harry if you prefer ?

And woof25 don't be so quick to give us your opinions unless useful

The problem is, you run out of paypal time to do a refund, plus of course my need for them to be returned promptly to keep it going.

Your best bet, is to get one out of a scrap yard and send me that or as its not a big job, an hour at the most, fit it yourself.

Your compensator is the least over due BTW, though well over the 28 days I expect them to be returned in.

Woof25 8th January 2014 19:02

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I accept there may be reasons why the old units havent been returned to harry, but I would think it would be nice to let him know thsats all I am saying if that offends anyone I,m sorry but I have had similar experiences to harry so feel justified in my viewpoint.

but I am not seeking to get into an argument with anyone

jonc3725 8th January 2014 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 1535633)
I am now out by three more compensators - in other words there are three of you who despite my charging a deposit, have seen fit to not bother returning your old compensators over recent weeks.

The only way I can run this modification service effectively, is by you guys returning the old compensators. You took advantage of my offering these on the cheap, at least have the decency to return the old ones please.

The situation is one of if I don't get them back, then I will not have any in stock for the next person. No stock means they have to either be without use of their car whilst they send me there compensator for modification or they have to source one from a scrap car to send to me.

As the £20 deposit on their return seems not to be a sufficient incentive I shall now increase this to £25 effective as from now.

I charge you £7.20 for the modification + a £25 deposit. Once I get the compensator safely back here, you get the full £25 returned. So the cost to you remains at £7.20 for the work and the postage - bargain. If you send me a compensator first, no deposit is needed.

Sorry to hear this mate.

I have used Harry's service and asked him some advice and he is second to none. People like this make clubs like these second to none.

Harry if I get down to my local scrappy at all I can probably get a couple of compensators for nothing and send them up to you but it won't be in the next couple of weekends because I am fully booked out on other things

Steve916 8th January 2014 19:22

Harry, if I can be of any assistance in fitting these compensators for anybody local or wants to drive to me, then please let me know.
I've fitted a fair few now

HarryM1BYT 8th January 2014 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve916 (Post 1535964)
Harry, if I can be of any assistance in fitting these compensators for anybody local or wants to drive to me, then please let me know.
I've fitted a fair few now

Oh yes please, because I not only have these three overdue ones, but others out too - leaving me desperate for available stock.

If anyone does want to take advantage of Steve's offer it would be one good solution.

If yours has not been done it certainly will need to be done - the stretched ones I'm getting back are getting more and more stretched with each year which passes. .

arodriguez 8th January 2014 20:43

Harry, you're doing a sterling job mate and your efforts are appreciated by many on the forum. I for one are due a mod but I'm putting it off until the spring and hoping for some good weather. Hang in there for all our sake.. :}