The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Saved by Shiner (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318039)

Greenman225 1st March 2022 10:47

Saved by Shiner

Just a quick note to advertise my many thanks to Andy (Super-Shiner)who saved my bacon earlier this year.

Unfortunately I have been diagnosed with brain Cancer and had a major operation in January. This is to be followed up with daily (!) radiography in a Hospital 30 minutes away from where I live. Following my diagnoses I had my driving licence withdrawn - initially for a year - so am reliant on the wife to deliver me. However she did not want to drive due to the 75's rattling suspension, which she thought would lead to a major issue, and a leaking power steering that required daily top-up, made a terrible noise but also impacted longer journeys.

I knew Andy, as he had replaced the KV6 belts mid last year, and asked if he knew someone near me who could help as we live about an hour apart and I needed assistance urgently. However Andy insisted on helping - he came over on the Sunday collected the car and left me an MGF on the drive in case we needed transport. Later the same day he rang me, told me he had fixed everything and would bring the car back immediately - which he did!

The Tourer is now fixed and is driven beautifully by my wonderful wife. This all down to Andy's commitment and attitude - I am beyond thankful for this and the sympathetic caring conversation we had on the same day.

Shiner - many, many thanks as well as a wonderful mechanic you are also a great sympathetic person to chat with; also great meeting your son who helped out with the suspension as well as eating all the crisps.

Kevin

FLYING BANANA 1st March 2022 11:42

Well done Andy on the work carried out at such short notice.

That’s what the club is all about. Helping one and other out.

Twisterboy 1st March 2022 12:00

Well Done Andy.

rab60bit 1st March 2022 12:07

What an absolute star, that's truly what this Club is all about....
....and very best wishes with your ongoing treatment and recovery to full health.

trikey 1st March 2022 12:40

Good man Andy 👍👍

polinsteve 1st March 2022 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2922567)
Well done Andy on the work carried out at such short notice.

That’s what the club is all about. Helping one and other out.

Very true.

Rev Jules 1st March 2022 13:53

A great and super lad helped me out many times.

Rev.

VVC-Geeza 1st March 2022 14:22

An absolute star.And best of luck with the treatment Kevin.

myfirstrover 1st March 2022 17:06

There's more to this club than cars , well done that man :}

Raven Black 1st March 2022 20:30

Andy

Too right, really great to hear.