The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Is now a good time to buy a V8 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=165965)

Z T Top 27th November 2013 22:55

Is now a good time to buy a V8

I like always have always wanted a V8. I loved my CDTI but lets be honest the V8 is what it is all about.:drool4:

There are two on offer at the moment, one just over 5k and one just bellow that I am thinking of going to view, both seem honest enough but the truth is I am getting worried if now is the time to buy.:confused:

Initially I thought the prices seemed fair but most people on the forum seem to be saying 4k is their present value and I have just been on Parkers and it gives the following values on a 55 plate 80,000 miles with SE spec:

Original Price
£33,495

Franchised Dealer
£2,055

Independent Dealer
£1,810

Private Good
£1,570

Private Poor
£1,150

Part Exchange
£1,245

The question is, is now a good time to buy and what is the true going price of a good V8.:shrug: I don't want to pay circa 5k today and find it is worth 1k in twelve months time.

My CDTI obviously depreciated but I did quarter of a million miles in her, a V8 would be very low mileage.

A19_Graham 27th November 2013 23:52

there's Plenty on here, who will undoubtedly give their opinions on the Value.

However, it all depends on if they're selling or buying.

tareim 27th November 2013 23:53

there is no way a v8 will be worth 1k in a years time unless it was a complete wreck

Jakg 27th November 2013 23:53

Until Parkers start selling cars you have to take their values with a pinch of salt - it's a guide, but I doubt the V8 will be at £1k in the next 3-4 years.

Z T Top 27th November 2013 23:57

OK, that's good< but what is the right price today? :shrug:

James.uk 28th November 2013 00:20

If you want it, then buy it, lifes too short innit.... :}

Monetary value only matters if you are looking to sell it for profit..

Les4048 28th November 2013 06:53

IMO there's no right price. If you see one at a price you can pay go for it. I did and paid a sum of money that some said was too much but now in my second year of ownership and never regretted it. Too many say they want one but never actually buy one

Les4048 28th November 2013 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 1497143)
If you want it, then buy it, lifes too short innit.... :}

Monetary value only matters if you are looking to sell it for profit..

I totally agree James :bowdown:

Greeners 28th November 2013 08:50

If you can afford to fuel it then it's always a good time.

I'm on my second and I love it, it's so different from the a FWD ZT.

As for price, there aren't many about, if you buy cheap you will end up spending money on it, a well maintained one is the way to go ...

MrDoodles 28th November 2013 08:52

Well December/January is always the best time to buy a car, because it's the time when demand is at it's lowest! ;)

However, it's finding someone willing (or desperate) enough to accept the lower price that the demand dictates! :(

As far as V8 values are concerned, you may want to PM me, as I have my own views on there values and there are a lot of factors that affect them! ;)