The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Price of Rover 75 Wheel Bearings (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=298743)

Edward Huggins 27th August 2019 13:31

Price of Rover 75 Wheel Bearings

I'm surprised at the wide range of prices charged for front (and rear) wheel bearings which can range from £19.00 to £84.00! What do Members typically recommend as a reliable source and in which price range?

timon 27th August 2019 13:46

The biggest difference to me seems to be the quality of the seals, that keep in the grease and keep out (brake) dust. Cheaper ones more often have flimsy ones that easily fall off or disintegrate, wearing out the bearing faster.

Rogue 27th August 2019 16:21

I recently purchased a FAG rear bearing and it seemed to be good quality.

Gate Keeper 27th August 2019 16:33

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...B4305F4BB9.jpg

Changed 3 weeks ago, the fag bearing kit was £55.

trikey 27th August 2019 18:38

Fag.. the bearing of choice for our cars 👍

bl52krz 27th August 2019 19:01

If And when I need any. I will buy SKF. Dear but good quality.

Sprinter 28th August 2019 12:49

Here's where I got my recent rear FAG bearing and hub from LINK
Next day delivery too.

trikey 28th August 2019 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprinter (Post 2758439)
Here's where I got my recent rear FAG bearing and hub from LINK
Next day delivery too.

That’s the seller I use too, as you say, great delivery times.

Clickernick 31st August 2019 23:15

Rimmers £59inc vat per side SNR originals from XPart.

Edward Huggins 8th September 2019 15:13

Well many thanks to all. I've taken the advice and bought the FAG rear wheel bearing kit. £62-00 shipped. Being fitted this week.

beinet1 9th September 2019 07:48

As adviced, Buy quality bearings only. Have tried cheap so called OEM ones on my LandRover, and they dont last. FAG, SKF, SNR or genuine are safe choices.

ceedy 9th September 2019 08:49

FAG is the only bearing i have put in on the Front OS of my dizzle..
to replace a "Genuine" OEM from a major supplier that lasts 4500 miles. :duh:

Been on there for a few years.

All my 3 others are still the originals @ 156k .. :D

Odd Job 9th September 2019 08:50

Are the rear wheel bearings a common item for failing on our Rovers?

I keep think I'm hearing a noise from the rear of my car, but when I jack it up and spin the rear wheels I cant find or hear a problem?

trikey 9th September 2019 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Job (Post 2760998)

I keep think I'm hearing a noise from the rear of my car, but when I jack it up and spin the rear wheels I cant find or hear a problem?

Not a problem really, what tends to happen is the rear backplates rust, this causes the reluctor seal on the bearing to become damaged and the abs starts to give issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beinet1 9th September 2019 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Job (Post 2760998)

Grab the spring while doing this. You will feel a vibration through the spring if the bearing has started to wear out, the stage before it gets loud and sloppy.

DMGRS 9th September 2019 10:07

The original supplier was SNR of France - exactly the same came off my ZT at 190,000 miles as what went back on. :)

We've tried and tested many brands, and the well known 'good' bearings manufacturers predictably had a good product - FAG were indeed my favourite.

We have several hundred of the original SNR bearings we brought back from overseas - Longbridge old stock that was shipped out then left in an airtight container over in good old China until recently. These replaced FAG as our item of choice, purely as they're factory stock and that's always our favourite. :D

We're looking at doing a special on them soon - they're already well-priced through us, but we need a bit of room for the next batch of somewhat more hard-to-find bits and pieces. Keep your eyes peeled! :)