The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Trip computer not working, mileage lights stay on = flat battery. Help! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31730)

*Al* 14th January 2009 10:11

Trip computer not working, mileage lights stay on = flat battery. Help!

Can anyone help me? I have a Connoisseur 75 petrol automatic (2002) and a week or so back, the trip computer stopped working completely and the bottom "window" with the mileage etc stayed on (lit), even with the key removed and the car locked. Obviously, that's drained the battery, so I need to get it fixed. Two local mechanics tell me that only a Rover dealer can fix it and have no idea of cost, but it doesn't sound cheap.

Anyone else had this problem? (It's not uncommon, apparently.) If so, how did you fix it and was it very expensive? I don't actually use the trip computer much so could live without it if it would save me a lot of money.

Many thanks for any help.

churchill 14th January 2009 10:30

Hi I have the same problem but for added fun the srs light stays on and the message centre is playing up.
my car in in a xpart service centre now as they have a t4 diagnostic computer.

you could just try disconnecting the battery there are lots on here about this best of luck

churchill
:drool4:

Jules 14th January 2009 11:11

Have you checked the Plenum drains (ecu flooding)
All sorts of weird faults can happen
Plenty here on the subject!!

David3807 14th January 2009 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Al* (Post 273145)
Can anyone help me? I have a Connoisseur 75 petrol automatic (2002) and a week or so back, the trip computer stopped working completely and the bottom "window" with the mileage etc stayed on (lit), even with the key removed and the car locked. Obviously, that's drained the battery, so I need to get it fixed. Two local mechanics tell me that only a Rover dealer can fix it and have no idea of cost, but it doesn't sound cheap.

Anyone else had this problem? (It's not uncommon, apparently.) If so, how did you fix it and was it very expensive? I don't actually use the trip computer much so could live without it if it would save me a lot of money.

Many thanks for any help.

As Jules posted check the plenum area for blocked drains and therefore water collecting and downing the main ECU.

Otherwise a battery off reboot should cure the problem.

As follows:

Oen drivers door and bonnet, and if you have sat nav the boot as well. Remove ignition key. Make sure you have radio code.

Wait a couple of mins for the electrics to go to sleep. Make sure that there are no red lights on Sat Nav.

Disconnect battery.

Wait 10/15 minutes and then reconnect.

hth

kevin 14th January 2009 14:31

as above, Disconnect battery for 30 mins.
had this on mine 2 yeasrs ago after a battery reboot has all was well.

if it works can you help to keep club running by turning your name RED ifs only £3 a year.

windrush 14th January 2009 14:56

Some good advice there check it out you could save your self ££££

Greeners 14th January 2009 14:57

Get your location up as well fella, you never know, there may be someone local who can assist....