The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   293 miles and off to the seaside! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4654)

Keith 5th April 2007 21:14

293 miles and off to the seaside!

After the trip to Brooklands on Sunday I went to see my Mum in Maidstone then off to the Hotel in Romford plus a few runs during the week

I filled the car up yesterday evening before coming home so I manged to get 293 miles out of it before the orange low fuel light came on that is only about 50-60 miles less than my 190 will do under similar driving conditions

Tomorrow I am going cross country to the Seaside near Barmouth, probably won't be getting such good MPG on that run as I tend to make full use of the bendy bits :)

tony g 5th April 2007 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 46122)
After the trip to Brooklands on Sunday I went to see my Mum in Maidstone then off to the Hotel in Romford plus a few runs during the week

I filled the car up yesterday evening before coming home so I manged to get 293 miles out of it before the orange low fuel light came on that is only about 50-60 miles less than my 190 will do under similar driving conditions

Tomorrow I am going cross country to the Seaside near Barmouth, probably won't be getting such good MPG on that run as I tend to make full use of the bendy bits :)

Have fun on the bendy bit's, and don't forget your bucket and spade :driving:

tashax 5th April 2007 21:38

Room for any passengers ....

Keith 5th April 2007 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by tashax (Post 46142)
Room for any passengers ....

Sorry no :)
Taking all the family and we might even go in the equally capable 190 if we decide to take the spotty dog as well.

So if anyone sees a Typhoon ZTT 190 heading their way with a stange Bark to the engine note it might be me.

Or swmbo could take the 190, kids, dog, sandwiches etc and I could have some fun on my own...............

Simon 5th April 2007 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 46151)
Or swmbo could take the 190, kids, dog, sandwiches etc and I could have some fun on my own...............

Now that is a plan, Keith.... ;)

Lates 5th April 2007 21:56

Keith any joy after our chat in the week and your parcel arrive ok ?

Keith 5th April 2007 22:18

Parcel yes thanks and you are right, definately the same manufacturer, weird bit of plumbing though isn't it!

Will check out my cables on Saturday had to much real work to do today so didn't get a chance and will be busy tomorrow.

Keith 5th April 2007 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon D (Post 46152)
Now that is a plan, Keith.... ;)

I made the suggesion, got a very strange look in return, looks like the Auk gets a trip tomoorow and Boris stays in bed!

I really need an Espace!

Jules 5th April 2007 23:09

Espace? That's a swear word on here!!
Managed to squeeze 320 miles out of our 260 tank to the Haynes meet with full load on board. There was 5 litres left:)

Cruise was set to Rover 75.......I mean 75 MPH though.
Think we only only got 200 miles on way back drifting in the snow & hail. Seems a long time ago now.
Someone mentioned a meet in the North West any ideas when?
Glad you all had a good time in Brooklands. Couldn't find out how many V8's turned up in the end?

JohnDotCom 5th April 2007 23:24

You should have some Fun on those Roads to Barmouth Keith and Good Weather forecast to.

Don't forget to bring back some Rock (edible type B4 you say anything about the Mountains meeting the Sea).