The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Not a good day (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=316145)

Rogue 31st October 2021 17:55

Quote:

Big thanks to Rogue for helping me dismantle the garage which was attempting to fly to Norwich

Anytime m8... Just glad i got there when i did to help!

AndyN01 31st October 2021 17:56

Dreadful thing to happen :mad:.

Hope it all gets sorted out relatively painlessly and swiftly.

stevestrat 31st October 2021 17:58

Could happily live without that Andy.

One of our neighbours has had two substantial supposedly permanent gazebos destroyed by the wind. He's learnt his lesson and built a wooden "summer house" thing.

Azur 31st October 2021 18:16

Hi Andy, I am really sorry to see what happened to your car! What a bad bad luck and really nasty damages. As from the images seen I think they can be repaired, some more easy than others. I have thesame system in my garden, but as a greenhouse. I have had a hail damage on the Dorchester from 2000 euro recently. The insurence did pay it without questioning (my first declaration ever). The uniqueness of being a Dorchester with personal Line means it is ofcourse not an everage R75. I have proove one has been sold for 9,5k GPB 2 years go and I can proove how much I have paid for it last year, if the insurence company needs to be convinced. PM me for details if needed. This is a satback, what happened, but I really hope you will keep her and make her the beauty again. You can do that. Good luck mate, let me know if I can be of a help in this.

bl52krz 31st October 2021 18:27

So Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Wind, you can not see it but the damage it does makes you wish you could, so you could make a defence to it. Hope that your claim goes your way Andy. I know how much time you have spent getting it to the best condition. Can you locate the garage in a different position with more protection from the prevailing wind?

Mike Noc 31st October 2021 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2906010)
The irony is that I bought the garage to protect the car as it was nearly A1 condition!

Mate that is terrible - what a loss. Hope the claim goes as it should.

trikey 31st October 2021 18:38

Thanks Gents, Emiel i may be in touch depending on what the insurance company say.

Ironically the temp garage was relocated to the lawn as scaffolding had to be erected for repairs to the house roof, in its previous position on the drive it was sheltered by the side of the house :duh:

It will be repaired either way, its too nice and had too much spent on it to part with it, underneath it is as fresh as when it left Cowley 22 years ago.

Gino 31st October 2021 18:45

I feel your pain & I completely understand your attitude to wanting to save it. Mine is nowhere near as nice as yours & I intend on keep mine. Good luck with the insurance

trikey 31st October 2021 18:51

Thanks Robert, it used to belong to a couple of members on here, the last member sadly passed away and his wife gave me the car to save as we were working on the issues before the owner passed away.

Its been a labour of love, only getting it sorted with a replacement engine, respray of the engine bay and the usual R40 issues...

Japanese spec dorchesters have to be save no matter what ;)

Rick-sta 31st October 2021 18:54

Ah man that's gutting. Sorry that's happened and hope you get it sorted.