The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   I.C.E. Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Non Rover (Polo)? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=290593)

roverbarmy 29th November 2018 13:55

Non Rover (Polo)?

The left speaker on the wifes Polo (2012 1.2) stopped working. I took off the door card and cleaned the connections, along with radio out, cleaned connections and put back. It worked for a few seconds, then cut out again as soon as I increased the volume. Is it a radio or a speaker problem? :shrug:

Nick Greg 29th November 2018 14:06

Could be either....

roverbarmy 29th November 2018 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Greg (Post 2690508)
Could be either....

Yup! Spare speaker ordered. (Cheapest item first!) :shrug:

roverbarmy 4th December 2018 18:52

It's not the speaker! :icon_cry:

smudge.g 12th December 2018 17:00

loose wire/connection somewhere??

roverbarmy 14th December 2018 14:25

Tried a new radio (Sony 410BT) and the left side is only just audible if you turn up the balance on that side. With the Sony radio, there is crackling on both sides at higher volumes making me think that both speakers may be goosed. Any suggestions welcomed folks.:icon_question:

clf 14th December 2018 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2694457)
Tried a new radio (Sony 410BT) and the left side is only just audible if you turn up the balance on that side. With the Sony radio, there is crackling on both sides at higher volumes making me think that both speakers may be goosed. Any suggestions welcomed folks.:icon_question:

Crackling at high volumes can be normal on low powered amplifiers ,ie the built in one of the stereo.

Broken wiring inside the sheath that passes the cabling through the doors to a pillars can also cause issues. Easily test by checking continuity from the back of the stereo to the back of the speaker with the door opened.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

roverbarmy 14th December 2018 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2694464)
Crackling at high volumes can be normal on low powered amplifiers ,ie the built in one of the stereo.

Broken wiring inside the sheath that passes the cabling through the doors to a pillars can also cause issues. Easily test by checking continuity from the back of the stereo to the back of the speaker with the door opened.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Thank you. I'll give it a check.
Mike

RPWC 15th December 2018 11:36

Get in touch with Jeff,(Coolcat) he is an electronics engineer,and be the best to advise.

roverbarmy 21st December 2018 11:49

I found the problem! It was where the main loom goes to the door post. A bit of wiggling the connections and all returned to normal. :icon_confused: At least I know where to look if that is not a permanent fix!