The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Temperature gauge and rev counter stopped working (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=291884)

Allan Vincent 14th January 2019 19:03

Temperature gauge and rev counter stopped working

The temperature gauge started to go eratic, then stopped, then the rev counter stopped. I clean the plenum behind the dash regularly, through the hole I made from directions in the forum. All the fuses are fine, any ideas guys

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Nantwich 75 14th January 2019 19:26

I had this after I took the IPK out and when I refitted it the connector behind the fuel gauge had not been fully secured.

Allan Vincent 14th January 2019 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nantwich 75 (Post 2702407)
I had this after I took the IPK out and when I refitted it the connector behind the fuel gauge had not been fully secured.

Thanks mate for the reply, what's the IPK? I havn't touched the car it just happened

Nantwich 75 14th January 2019 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allan Vincent (Post 2702413)
Thanks mate for the reply, what's the IPK? I havn't touched the car it just happened

It's the instrument pack.

There may be other causes of your problem, I am sure others will be able to offer advice.

SD1too 15th January 2019 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allan Vincent (Post 2702401)
The temperature gauge started to go eratic, then stopped, then the rev counter stopped.

Hello Allan,

According to RAVE, this means that the CAN bus link between the ECM (Engine Control Module) and IPK (Instrument Pack) is faulty.

Simon

Allan Vincent 15th January 2019 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2702524)
Hello Allan,

According to RAVE, this means that the CAN bus link between the ECM (Engine Control Module) and IPK (Instrument Pack) is faulty.

Simon

PS Attn. Moderators: Could this thread be moved to the Technical section please?

Thanks all for the info, I'm at a loss as to how I can repair this problem. Many thanks

Alexandru.Edward 15th January 2019 11:26

Check my thread HERE
I have the same problem.

marinabrian 15th January 2019 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allan Vincent (Post 2702533)
Thanks all for the info, I'm at a loss as to how I can repair this problem. Many thanks

You need to take a look HERE

Brian :D

Allan Vincent 15th January 2019 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2702564)
You need to take a look HERE

Hi Brian where are you situated, are you any where near Devon. By the way my car is a manual 02 plate diesel Allan V

marinabrian 15th January 2019 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allan Vincent (Post 2702576)
Hi Brian where are you situated, are you any where near Devon. By the way my car is a manual 02 plate diesel Allan V

Allan, I'm in Newcastle upon Tyne, however I can do a quick turnaround for you by transferring the coding data from your unit to that of a service exchange, making it plug and play.

The offending part is easy enough to remove and pop into a jiffy bag, and a special delivery via the post office will see you back in business in three days total, so posted on a Monday, you'll be up and running on Wednesday.

Let me know if you need any more info.