The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rover 75 rough idle and juddring when driving (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=287097)

iggle 16th August 2018 07:48

Rover 75 rough idle and juddring when driving

HELP I am out of ideas!!!!!

I have a Rover 75 2.0cdti its a 2003 auto model. The tick over is erratic, and when I am driving along its like got a judder, like a slight misfire?? I have changed the MAF, the fuel rail sensor, the fuel filter, the under bonnet fuel pump Checked the fuel pressure out of the under bonnet pump thats fine, there is no air from the tank to the pump. I replaced the injectors, the injector wiring harness all to no avail. On the snap on diagnostic there is no faults stored except a heater plug code which wont cause the isssue thats driving me NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- insane.. I live in Rossendale Lancashire would really love some help.

Cheers

Dave

Sheraton 16th August 2018 10:19

:} I'm no Diesel expert

Is there a reason why you would discount a Glowplug fault :shrug: surely this would cause the symptoms you describe ?

Paul.

iggle 16th August 2018 11:01

judder

I have always had a glow plug fault code for the six years I have owned the car and its been fine, most of the time the ECG valve has been disconnected etc so thats why I discount the glow plug as a cause, so many sensors doing so many things lol.

stevestrat 16th August 2018 11:08

BigRuss, one of the knowledgeable experts here is less than 30 miles away from you in Liversedge. Have a word with him.

iggle 16th August 2018 11:26

cheers will do

BigRuss 16th August 2018 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheraton (Post 2660362)
:} I'm no Diesel expert

Is there a reason why you would discount a Glowplug fault :shrug: surely this would cause the symptoms you describe ?

Paul.

Not on a diesel it won't, 99% of the cars I see have the self same fault and are all running perfectly.

I'm more surprised if I don't see it ;)

Russ

Sheraton 17th August 2018 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRuss (Post 2660537)
Not on a diesel it won't, 99% of the cars I see have the self same fault and are all running perfectly.

I'm more surprised if I don't see it ;)

Russ

:duh: Correct me if i'm wrong....lol...... Surely a GlowPlug that is not functioning as intended Could cause misfire symptoms as described ? :shrug:

regardless of the "Fault Code" ;)

Paul.

marinabrian 17th August 2018 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheraton (Post 2660593)
:duh: Correct me if i'm wrong....lol...... Surely a GlowPlug that is not functioning as intended Could cause misfire symptoms as described ? :shrug:

regardless of the "Fault Code" ;)

Paul.

Not at all Paul ;)

None of my cars have functioning glow plug relays, and I find most diesels are the same.

It is a pleasant surprise when you find one that actually works, they are few and far between I can assure you.

Brian :D

Mickyboy 17th August 2018 10:36

M47R engine...Glow plug relay waste of time unless you want to go somewhere mega cold :D
Mick

iggle 23rd August 2018 07:57

Juddering 2.0cdti

Just a line to say I went over and seen BIG RUSS he was very helpful, plugged in his T4, fitted a ecu to try that did all sorts of stuff, but like me he is stumped LOL. suggested change eng wiring harness as it may have a bad connection or a break in it, so thats something for me to try. But a big thanks to Russ for all his hard work.

Dave