The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Message in a TESCO Christmas Card Pack (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301663)

Abott10 22nd December 2019 21:11

Message in a TESCO Christmas Card Pack

Perhaps it's a bi-product of accumulated old age cynicism but, this story has all the signs of a very convenient set of circumstances.

I smell FAKE ... how about you?

Nice clear hand written printing though.

Number 6 22nd December 2019 21:12

Cant see any thing???

clf 23rd December 2019 10:10

The alleged author of the note is a supposed to be a foreign (to china) prisoner, who was imprisoned with the british journalist. I am not saying it is false or true, but if you (being able to write in English) were in a forced labour facility making these cards, and saw the Tesco branding, would you not attempt to send a message? After all it is not without precedent.

The font of the message (which I am assuming is raising your doubts) is surely similar to a greetings card text, and therefore make it easier to 'slide' through un-noticed?

It could of course well be a cunning publicity stunt by the journalist, to highlight any mistreatment he believed faced, but it is very cynical to use the little girl in this way.

clf 23rd December 2019 11:04

It is THIS story, you are referring to? Why is it fake?

clf 23rd December 2019 12:41

Ok, why does it smell fake? Timely for what?

The link was to the story via sky news.

I believe the practice could well be true, whether the story reported on, was concocted to generate publicity for the alleged human rights issues for foreign prisoners in China, I do not know.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Avulon 23rd December 2019 15:01

Co-incidentally - everything that actually happens is just one thing that could've happened, and most of them wouldn't have without everything pertaining to the event happening at the right time - this is no different until proven otherwise.

Or for a more direct debate, calling co-incidental events leading to some significant event/action a conspiracy or plot is a sign of paranoia.

Nothing wrong with justified paranoia though.

Lovel 24th December 2019 19:20

Smells fishy, a bit like the story of another youngster sailing round the world and crying we have ruined her life, and all the politicos lined up beside her. The media frenzy following this latest allegation is pathetic.

If it is indeed slave labour at play, then we are all guilty of contributing to this in our search for the cheapest product, iPhones and cheapo throwaway t-shirts included, all the trappings of modern life :snowball1: We sow the seed.........

mileshawk56 26th December 2019 11:50

its fake-the other day a blonde geezer was on tv saying he would do Brexit its all lies started with "there is a cheque in the post" No 5$ words there. Chris.S.

mbev51 26th December 2019 12:36

I’m afraid we have descended into a make believe world where everything is true and nothing is lies. People just choose what to believe. I’m off out of the country Shortly until late in March, cannot bear to be here on January 31st.

roverbarmy 26th December 2019 13:37

A relative of mine visited a certain far eastern country recently as some of her inlaws were from there. They were followed around the whole time that they were there by "suited gentlemen"!:laugh: (Not Santas!)