The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Monaco Grand Prix......spolier alert!! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=268075)

coolcat 28th May 2017 11:29

Monaco Grand Prix......spolier alert!!

Damage limitation time for Lewis today......somehow don't think a podium finish is very likely !

coolcat 28th May 2017 12:03

Lights out.....Go Go Go:bowdown:

Lancpudn 28th May 2017 13:59

Lewis did a great job from where he started, I thought the Mclarens were going to get their first points until Vandoorne had that weird crash on the restart.:o

Lancpudn 28th May 2017 14:08

Those bigger F1 cars look a bit too unwieldy for that Monaco street circuit now, They should build some powerful team go karts. :cool::D

Dunno what Button was up to! I thought he could have finished the race too.

Alonso on BT sport @ 4pm for the Indy 500.

max1 28th May 2017 14:24

This must be one of the most boring forms of motor sport there is.
Apart from the start, where a couple of cars made up a place or two, there wasn't a single racing overtaking manoeuvre from any car all race.

neilb740 28th May 2017 15:14

I have no idea why Monaco is so popular. Its a qualifying session with a two hour driver parade the following day.
I didn't see a single on track overtake.
I'm sure it takes a lot of skill to do a quick lap on the narrow street but where racing is concerned it's a dead loss.

Tradition and money are the only reason it's still on the calendar. Time to move on and leave it to host historic F1 races imo

coolcat 28th May 2017 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by max1 (Post 2498698)
This must be one of the most boring forms of motor sport there is.
Apart from the start, where a couple of cars made up a place or two, there wasn't a single racing overtaking manoeuvre from any car all race.

Or for some of us..........the most enjoyable form of Motorsport there is.

Simple really, if you don't enjoy it......don't watch it ;)

coolcat 28th May 2017 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilb740 (Post 2498720)
I have no idea why Monaco is so popular. Its a qualifying session with a two hour driver parade the following day.
I didn't see a single on track overtake.
I'm sure it takes a lot of skill to do a quick lap on the narrow street but where racing is concerned it's a dead loss.

Tradition and money are the only reason it's still on the calendar. Time to move on and leave it to host historic F1 races imo

Monaco serves as one of the biggest money makers in F1 (corporate hospitality and all that) and for that reason I don't see it coming off the F1 calendar anytime soon;)

It hasn't been a great race spectacle for years but the glitz, the glamour and the money........well, that kind of seals the deal:eek:

Lancpudn 28th May 2017 16:57

WOW! Alonso leading the Indy 500 in a Honda engined car, why cant they do that with their F1 car!

neilb740 28th May 2017 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolcat (Post 2498735)
Monaco serves as one of the biggest money makers in F1 (corporate hospitality and all that) and for that reason I don't see it coming off the F1 calendar anytime soon;)

It hasn't been a great race spectacle for years but the glitz, the glamour and the money........well, that kind of seals the deal:eek:

From what I have seen of the average inhabitants of hospitality they wouldn't notice if there was a race going on or not. Just play some car noises through the P.A system to keep the yah yah's happy then sneak off and let the fans watch a race at a proper track:}