The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   remap question (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=150108)

humptynumpty 17th June 2013 20:34

remap question

this may sound a daft question but i have a 116bhp cdt that has the x power 135 upgrade to 131 bhp so am i wright in thinking car is same as cdti...

reason i ask is local town will remap 116 cdt to 154bhp but for same price will remap 131 cdti to 167bhp so question is could i get it remaped as cdti to 167bhp instead of cdt remap or was there other differences between the cdt to cdti

Petetourer 17th June 2013 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by humptynumpty (Post 1336927)
this may sound a daft question but i have a 116bhp cdt that has the x power 135 upgrade to 131 bhp so am i wright in thinking car is same as cdti...

reason i ask is local town will remap 116 cdt to 154bhp but for same price will remap 131 cdti to 167bhp so question is could i get it remaped as cdti to 167bhp instead of cdt remap or was there other differences between the cdt to cdti

The T4 guru's on here can supply a 160 map. I would imagine for less money as well ;)

humptynumpty 17th June 2013 20:40

I been given quote by marinabrian very good but that was for standard cat but again with x power upgrade can I get little bit more by remaping it as 131 cdti or was there more to differences than just a ecu map

Petetourer 17th June 2013 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by humptynumpty (Post 1336942)
I been given quote by marinabrian very good but that was for standard cat but again with x power upgrade can I get little bit more by remaping it as 131 cdti or was there more to differences than just a ecu map

Some if the claimed BHP's companies claim can be a bit ambitious :shrug:

In the real world 4 bhp would not really be noticed...

The CDT and the CDTi are the same unit... So should be remapped to the same figure... Not to sure why a company would quote 2 different figures...

The map that Marinabrian has quoted you has been proven by a member on a rolling road as well... ;)

humptynumpty 17th June 2013 20:46

4bhp??, what do you mean

Petetourer 17th June 2013 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by humptynumpty (Post 1336950)
4bhp??, what do you mean

Sorry, 7bhp. I was quoting the difference between the T4 guru remap and the one that you had mentioned

humptynumpty 17th June 2013 20:51

I would love to post of ecu and let marinabrian do remapping but can't afford car out of use again for 3 more days lol

Petetourer 17th June 2013 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by humptynumpty (Post 1336962)
I would love to post of ecu and let marinabrian do remapping but can't afford car out of use again for 3 more days lol

Point taken... :getmecoat: :D

humptynumpty 17th June 2013 20:56

Nor can I justify local towns £299 lol

MissMoppet 1st July 2013 12:53

Remapping no longer available?

Quote:

Originally Posted by humptynumpty (Post 1336927)

I have just heard from my local X-part dealer who tells me that the disc "is no longer available." (I run a R75 diesel tourer still, presumably, at 131bhp). Any ideas chaps?

MrDoodles 1st July 2013 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMoppet (Post 1350222)
I have just heard from my local X-part dealer who tells me that the disc "is no longer available." (I run a R75 diesel tourer still, presumably, at 131bhp). Any ideas chaps?

Have a word with Big Russ, book yourself a cheap overnight stay near him in a Travelodge/Premier Inn and have a ride up and have the 160 map done on your car! ;)

MissMoppet 1st July 2013 13:48

Big Russ?

Aaaaaaaah. So is the dealer right? Is x-part no longer supplying the remap disc?

MrDoodles 1st July 2013 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMoppet (Post 1350273)
Aaaaaaaah. So is the dealer right? Is x-part no longer supplying the remap disc?

Well the disc is showing as "Out Of Stock" at Rimmers, so that might be right! :shrug:

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID007400

marinabrian 1st July 2013 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMoppet (Post 1350222)

Tell him to ask X-Part Technical at Desford........

Have a look here, included is the part number of VUF000010, which can be bought via Rimmer Bros HERE
It's still available, or I can do it for you if they still insist it's not ;)
Brian :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDoodles (Post 1350276)
Well the disc is showing as "Out Of Stock" at Rimmers, so that might be right! :shrug:

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID007400

It's a special order as it is specific to vehicle VIN,
I don't think there would be a problem, in fact I know there won't be a problem
As the software is the same throughout, it is only the unlock code that is specific to the car it is being applied to.

MrDoodles 1st July 2013 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 1350281)
It's a special order as it is specific to vehicle VIN,
I don't think there would be a problem, in fact I know there won't be a problem
As the software is the same throughout, it is only the unlock code that is specific to the car it is being applied to.

Thanks Brian! :)

Still think that the OP would be better off having your 160 up-grade, either from Big Russ or your good self! ;)

marinabrian 1st July 2013 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMoppet (Post 1350273)

No, P.M member XPart02 as he is the man who creates these for the dealer, and mention which garage it is and he'll put them right :D
Brian :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDoodles (Post 1350283)
Thanks Brian! :)

Still think that the OP would be better off having your 160 up-grade, either from Big Russ or your good self! ;)

Cheers Mark :D

James.uk 1st July 2013 16:56

For miss Moppet to visit Russ, she would have a four hour drive each way, that's not really viable innit.. :shrug:

But I believe the T4 guru (cant think of his name) from South Wales is going to be down in Devon in the near future, so that maybe her best bet if she is looking for a remap up to 135bhp.. :}

MrDoodles 1st July 2013 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 1350381)
For miss Moppet to visit Russ, she would have a four hour drive each way, that's not really viable innit.. :shrug:

Which is why I suggested a cheap night away!

Ross R75 1st July 2013 20:57

Unless I'm missing something, the OP is in Kirkcudbright, Dumfries and Galloway, which is about 2 hours from Marinabrian. An absolute no brainer. Don't even consider paying some fly-by-night outfit £300. You could travel to Newcastle, have the remap and a full diagnostic, and take the Mrs out for a very nice dinner for far less than that.

SKS Disco 3rd July 2013 10:30

I can 100% guarantee this upgrade is still available from Xpart.
It is not a stock item so will never show stock.
I create the unlock code to order.

Thanks
Xpart Technical

Rob Bell 24th July 2013 18:41

Hi guys,

I have spent the last hour reading threads on 160 remaps (my car is a 116 with a synergy - and the synergy now looks so "yesterday") - but I am feeling a little confused regarding the options.

The best option, I'd have thought, would be to map via T4 - but I am interested where that map has come from, and what the results on the RR have been? I've probably missed a thread with this data?

Thanks all! :D

marinabrian 24th July 2013 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Bell (Post 1370795)
Hi guys,

I have spent the last hour reading threads on 160 remaps (my car is a 116 with a synergy - and the synergy now looks so "yesterday") - but I am feeling a little confused regarding the options.

The best option, I'd have thought, would be to map via T4 - but I am interested where that map has come from, and what the results on the RR have been? I've probably missed a thread with this data?

Thanks all! :D

Hi Rob the X-Power upgrade is the one available from xpart dealers with T4, takes your car to 131PS (135BHP) torque increases from 270Nm to 300 Nm.
The oficially sanctioned upgrade is installed using the T4 diagnostic system, which a dealer will normally charge in the region of £50+vat in addition to the purchase price.

The 160 upgrade on the other hand increases the power output to 160 BHP, the torque is increased to 359Nm and the tune is not installed using T4, but rather a bespoke programmer built for the purpose.

The evolvement of the 160 upgrade stems from the research both myself and Russ made into the remanufacture of the Bosch DDE4 ECM units, which once programmed to a car were hitherto locked permanently to that vehicle, and couldn't be subsequently reconfigured for use on another car.

The pricing structure of the 160 upgrade is not made public, however can be carried out by myself or Big Russ, either in person where a full T4 diagnostic session prior and post upgrade will be carried out, or via our postal option with a three day turnaround.
Anyone wishing to know more can direct enquiries to either Russ or myself.

HTH

Rob Bell 25th July 2013 12:35

Thanks Brian - I'll drop you a PM.

I have a new IPK to fit, and want to retrofit cruise control - both will require a modification to the ZCS code: would it be more sensible to undertake your map after the above modifications have been done, or does it not make much difference?

Just a general extra question: is the standard turbo and intercooler man enough for a 160bhp output?

Shame you're up in Newcastle and I'm down in London! D'oh!

James.uk 25th July 2013 12:53

The xpower "upgrade" that I was offered locally had a price tag of £200 with it!!!..... :o Needless to say I went elsewhere for a better upgrade.. ;)

My cars been running well on its Khaos (approx 150 bhp + Synergy) remap for 3-4 years now, and that's on a car that's done 170k miles. :}

As for RR tests, the two I know of, one, the first, came up with two diff results on my car, and my car changed gear during both tests?? :shrug:

The 2nd tests held locally, apparently the testing station didn't-couldn't-wouldn't test the cars with auto boxes.. I didn't attend that one..

The cars with the 160 remaps done by Brian or Russ that I saw tested, came out at approx 160 BHP.. :}

Rob Bell 25th July 2013 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 1371423)
The xpower "upgrade" that I was offered locally had a price tag of £200 with it!!!..... :o Needless to say I went elsewhere for a better upgrade.. ;)

My cars been running well on its Khaos (approx 150 bhp + Synergy) remap for 3-4 years now, and that's on a car that's done 170k miles. :}

As for RR tests, the two I know of, one, the first, came up with two diff results on my car, and my car changed gear during both tests?? :shrug:

The 2nd tests held locally, apparently the testing station didn't-couldn't-wouldn't test the cars with auto boxes.. I didn't attend that one..

The cars with the 160 remaps done by Brian or Russ that I saw tested, came out at approx 160 BHP.. :}

The only before and after RR test that I can find on here (probably not looked hard enough! ;)) was on a car that had already over 150bhp from previous tuning and was mapped by a guy selling his services via ebay - and got 160bhp.
So I guess a question is, if you are starting from a standard 116bhp base point and then remap to 160, do you get 160bhp? An extra 50+ bhp would be a pretty hefty and impressive increase. Even my wife would notice that! ;)

James.uk 25th July 2013 13:25

My car was a standard 116 (with Synergy off) before Khaos remap, and 150 bhp (with synergy off) after remap, I don't know what the bhp was on the cars tested at 150 before they were remapped by Brian and Russ. I don't see how it would matter? :shrug:

Rob Bell 25th July 2013 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 1371442)
My car was a standard 116 (with Synergy off) before Khaos remap, and 150 bhp (with synergy off) after remap, I don't know what the bhp was on the cars tested at 150 before they were remapped by Brian and Russ. I don't see how it would matter? :shrug:

If no other tuning other than a remap had been done, then it matters not one bit. But if say you got 150bhp from other changes - be that bolt-on like air filters/ improved induction design, bigger intercooler, bigger turbo or what ever, and then the remap "only" gave you a couple of extra bhp, then that would, if you see what I mean?

However, I don't think anyone is really tuning the turbo engines with serious physical modifications to exhaust, cylinder head, cams, turbo/intercooler, so you're probably right: it is unlikely to make much difference. Especially as the 116 and 131 states of tune are purely "software" differences. :)

BigRuss 25th July 2013 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Bell (Post 1371433)
So I guess a question is, if you are starting from a standard 116bhp base point and then remap to 160, do you get 160bhp? An extra 50+ bhp would be a pretty hefty and impressive increase. Even my wife would notice that! ;)

In a word yes, so long as there's no problems that would affect perforance eg maf, injectors etc then the remap should give you approx 160 if not slighty more depending on the ecu type ;)

Russ

dogfishddl 25th July 2013 21:02

PM sent to marinabrian for further info, cheers

Jakg 25th July 2013 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Bell (Post 1371433)
The only before and after RR test that I can find on here (probably not looked hard enough! ;)) was on a car that had already over 150bhp from previous tuning and was mapped by a guy selling his services via ebay - and got 160bhp.

That would be me!

I was sold a map that claimed I'd get 160HP (eBay special one) - my car already had quite a few supporting mods, and rolling roaded at 151HP last time. I had that, and did a few more mods, and I got 160HP - i.e. 9HP more. NO way would you therefore get 160HP on a bone stock car (131HP + 9HP makes 140HP by my count!)

I learnt then, if your going to buy a remap, make sure any claims are backed up with a rolling road. Ideally get one done yourself if possible (I pay around £30 a time).

I bought the "160 map" as advertised on this thread, and with everything else my car now has 170HP. It's the only remap I've seen which actually backs up it's power claims (I.e. a member with a bone-stock CDTi rolling roaded at 160HP) which is why I bought it.

No way will your local company get 164HP - although if they really are that confident, tell them you'll pay double if they do it and it rolling roads at at least the quoted figure, otherwise you expect a full refund... watch as the excuses come out...

Lots of info on my rolling road runs here - http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=95326

Rob Bell 26th July 2013 17:58

Russ, thanks! I still have some concerns as to the condition of our ZT's injectors - the car takes a number of turns to start, and the problem is not the cam position sensor (the injectors have been "serviced" - but I still wonder...)

Once I have that sorted I think I'll take you up on the 160 conversion - it should transform the car in the way that I've wanted from the beginning :D I've dropped Brian a PM, but not had a reply yet (I am sure he's busy!!!) - but hopefully I can get something sorted!

Hi Jack - yes I do believe it was you :) I really commend you on getting all the data for the rest of us to make an informed decision, thank you! :D

fusilier50 27th September 2013 20:14

does anyone know if a remap affects your insurance? is it classed as a modification

MrDoodles 27th September 2013 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusilier50 (Post 1432857)
does anyone know if a remap affects your insurance? is it classed as a modification

It only affects your Insurance if you tell them! ;)

As the up-grade is undetectable, up to you whether you want the Insurance Industry in this Country to rip you off even more! ;)

marinabrian 27th September 2013 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusilier50 (Post 1432857)

What remap? I won't tell if you don't ;)

MustBeGettingOld 22nd February 2014 20:31

Tomorrow is going to be a GOOD day. First time anyone's ever looked forward to Milton Keynes :D