The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Closing of threads (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=290572)

tantallon 28th November 2018 17:50

Closing of threads

Why are certain threads closed virtually immediately when it suits and others allowed to run even though people are abused and in some cases bullied.There seems to be a little inconsistency by the mods in certain cases .I am in no way trying to incite bad feeling .I am stating fact from my own observations.

FLYING BANANA 28th November 2018 18:32

Some threads are allowed to run others are not. Some are closed at the request of the OP, some are closed through the amount of pm’s asking us to close them and the rest we close if we feel they have run there course or the insults are getting too much.

We do re-open threads from time to time.

If we close a thread too early we then are the bad boys, but if we let a thread run for too long, in some people’s minds, then we are the bad boys yet again.

clf 28th November 2018 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by tantallon (Post 2690277)
Why are certain threads closed virtually immediately when it suits and others allowed to run even though people are abused and in some cases bullied.There seems to be a little inconsistency by the mods in certain cases .I am in no way trying to incite bad feeling .I am stating fact from my own observations.

I may be wrong, but I would suggest it is as simple as they have a life to contend with outside of this. Or simply that they havent noticed it (or had it brought to their attention). And to be fair on them, I imagine they have a lot of posts on here to contend with. Bear in mind too, the time of year, coming up to christmas, or summer holiday time etc.

I believe when there is an issue too, that some members will pm a particular individual, which may go unnoticed.

Another issue that may or may not be, is an individual's perception (of the rules) may be different to another's.

Just saying this as an observer.

Simondi 28th November 2018 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2690296)
I may be wrong, but I would suggest it is as simple as they have a life to contend with outside of this. Or simply that they havent noticed it (or had it brought to their attention). And to be fair on them, I imagine they have a lot of posts on here to contend with. Bear in mind too, the time of year, coming up to christmas, or summer holiday time etc.

I believe when there is an issue too, that some members will pm a particular individual, which may go unnoticed.

Another issue that may or may not be, is an individual's perception (of the rules) may be different to another's.

Just saying this as an observer.

That sums it up pretty well.

If there is a thread that needs brought to our attention then the best thing to do is not the report button:D

coab 28th November 2018 19:10

Enough said please close this thread.

:};)

bl52krz 28th November 2018 19:56

Naw. Let it run. It is an informative thread that allows members to see the reasons for closing threads is not always the same narrative.

championdaddy 29th November 2018 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA (Post 2690292)

If we close a thread too early we then are the bad boys, but if we let a thread run for too long, in some people’s minds, then we are the bad boys yet again.

Damned if you do ....... damned if you don't.

I think you Mods have broad shoulders and thick skin and do a great job.

I can't say I would do that role.

Well done peeps.

Sheraton 29th November 2018 17:49

It must be a difficult task to Moderate on an open Forum - I appreciate it has to be done to a certain extent - otherwise, who knows this place could end up like a Youtube Comments section or worse :eek::getmecoat:

Personally, I'd like to see ALL threads allowed to run their course ;)

if their is disagreement or some form of dispute - resolution is unlikely if a thread is closed :shrug: just my view on such things :}

True Discord is better than False/Forced Harmony ;)

I don't have issue with the Mods closing a thread - It's the "SnowFlakes" that may need to have a word with themselves sometimes :D

anyone who puts time/effort into Maintaining/Moderating the Club Forum deserves a wee Pat on the Back :cool: well done Folks :}

Paul.

Rev Jules 29th November 2018 18:13

Rather than close the thread just delete the offensive posts?

Rev

Reebs 29th November 2018 19:28

That seldom works Julien as there are cries of sensure and freedom of speech being curtailed. Also, with posts deleted and further discussions that spring up on why they were deleted, without the offending comments for all to see, you get Chinese whispers on what was supposedly said and off goes the snowball.

Been there and bought the T shirt. Sometimes (only in extreme cases) posts need to be edited to remove the offending remarks or colourful expletives, the best course of action is to promote courtesy and respect between members in a civilised fashion in the first place then there is no need for moderation ;)

Thread closure has the merit of not sweeping things under the carpet that post deletions do.

After nearly 9 years in this game as a green on here, I’m beginning to think I could write the book on the subject.