The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MJN Motors Brislington, Bristol (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318513)

colintf 1st April 2022 11:18

MJN Motors Brislington, Bristol

A big shout out of thanks to Mark at MJN, over in Brislington Bristol.

I always us Austin Garages for the maintenance of our little fleet and have done for many many years, and have a huge level of trust and respect for Nick

Sadly, and hopefully only temporarily, I had to find an alternative for the service and MOT of my ZT CDTi.

I really did not know where to go, ex dealers are expensive an and with some you run the risk of things just being quickly replaced for speed and ease regardless of costs and if they could be repaired etc, little local places may not always know our cars. I search on this forum threw up MJN a few times.

I drove over and visited a few weeks ago, and Mark comes across as and open honest kind of guy that also really knows our cars inside out.

Yesterday I collected my ZT, with new MOT and service and I am really pleased.

I thought it only fair and the right thing to do to pass on my recommendation based on this experience.

coolguy 1st April 2022 11:27

Why are none of these experts ever near me?!

MissMoppet 1st April 2022 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 2926489)

Maybe because who's ever heard of Finedon? Whoops, hold on, I see from Wikipedia that you live in a place that has a monument commemorating "The Blessings of restoring George 111 to sanity." Well there you go: you're back on the map. I feel happy for you.

bikerdude666 1st April 2022 20:31

My Dad now uses MJN and has for a several years since his previous trusted mechanic retired. Mark always did good work on my Dads Rover 25, and the only reason he hasn't got it anymore is he crashed it. But Mark now looks after the replacement Dacia, and bought the Rover off him for spares.

Coolguy, finding a trusted garage around this area has always been my problem too. Now need timing chain and possibly clutch on the Jag and not sure where to go!

coolguy 1st April 2022 21:18

Coolguy, finding a trusted garage around this area has always been my problem too. Now need timing chain and possibly clutch on the Jag and not sure where to go![/QUOTE]

PM sent - plenty of Jag experts around - it is MG/Rover I struggle with!

bl52krz 4th April 2022 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerdude666 (Post 2926577)
My Dad now uses MJN and has for a several years since his previous trusted mechanic retired. Mark always did good work on my Dads Rover 25, and the only reason he hasn't got it anymore is he crashed it. But Mark now looks after the replacement Dacia, and bought the Rover off him for spares.

Coolguy, finding a trusted garage around this area has always been my problem too. Now need timing chain and possibly clutch on the Jag and not sure where to go!

Lates is close to you.

Saga Lout 4th April 2022 19:27

Hows this.

My friend Alan has had his 1.8t ZT sorted out and put back on the road after a long illness, tyres, battery, new turbo etc. It goes like stink now as the guy that did the turbo fitted something a little different, I'll ask what it was. After Alan got the car home it developed another fault, the starter motor started playing up, it was changed for a recon unit at a cost of.....£374.00.
I think that is simply a rip off.

Mogodon 8th April 2022 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 2926489)

I'm in Wellingborough and if you want a good highly rated garage, happy to work on MGR's I can't recommend SB Autocare enough.

They're on Finedon Road industrial estate.

My ZT is in next Thursday for brake pipes and thermostat.

75v6 9th April 2022 23:49

Mark is legendary, very knowledgable and always goes above and beyond. 5 star.