The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Eric's. Cdti (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294282)

ceedy 25th March 2019 10:00

Erics car Disaster on the way to the national.

After ringing round on a Monday �� to find all my garages. Too busy on Monday..called in favour from a friend who recently closed his business but still has all the kit. So he and I have been struggling with it all this morning 😁. Pulley bolt massively tight took a metre long bar and then a 3/4 drive airgun to get it off. Found the belts both perished so waiting for those to be delivered,so quick rest and a cuppa coffee.��

stevestrat 25th March 2019 10:47

Well done that man.

FLYING BANANA 25th March 2019 11:04

Well done Chris.

ceedy 25th March 2019 11:40

Typical supplier. BS. You will get the belts within an hour. ......so nearly 2 hrs. Later still waiting, chased then up too.😡

slovcan 25th March 2019 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2721823)
After ringing round on a Monday �� to find all my garages. Too busy on Monday..called in favour from a friend who recently closed his business but still has all the kit. So he and I have been struggling with it all this morning 😁. Pulley bolt massively tight took a metre long bar and then a 3/4 drive airgun to get it off. Found the belts both perished so waiting for those to be delivered,so quick rest and a cuppa coffee.��

AWESOME!!!!! I was feeling bad that a visitor wasn't going to get any help. Thank you both!

Cheers,
Glenn

ceedy 25th March 2019 14:43

As of 14:45 this afternoon , Eric was on his way Home..

All sorted with new pulley and new belts

Awful job first time .. everything so tight and the Locking tool I had wasn't very successful . and a fair bit of fun feeding the new belt round with only 2 pairs of hands . :eek:..

even had to take a day off work :duh: , think would rather sat in my office on the PC .:D.

Chris

FLYING BANANA 25th March 2019 15:03

Amazing. Congratulations on helping a fellow member out Chris.

That's what this club is all about, helping one and other.

ceedy 25th March 2019 15:06

Erics pulley ... completely separated inside and outside. :eek:

And a big Chunk of rubber gone .

Ian G 25th March 2019 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2721902)
As of 14:45 this afternoon , Eric was on his way Home..

All sorted with new pulley and new belts

Awful job first time .. everything so tight and the Locking tool I had wasn't very successful . and a fair bit of fun feeding the new belt round with only 2 pairs of hands . :eek:..

even had to take a day off work :duh: , think would rather sat in my office on the PC .:D.

Chris

Chris I can't thank you enough for your commitment to helping Eric in his hours/days of need, I felt awful about not being able to stay and help out but the Doctor needed his armfull of blood from me so had to leave you to it.
As Bob has already stated it's amazing how folks rally round to help out others when they are in need and with the help of yourself, Peter, Janet, John, Linda and Brian, Eric has been well looked after and sent on his way home with his car running sweetly.
Thanks again to everyone involved..
And we'll all be together again in Holland.
Cheers Ian

Rev Jules 25th March 2019 16:34

To every body who rallied round to get Eric on his way you are all a credit to the club, I thank you.
What a great turnout 51 cars,

Rev