The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   No Jags in Italy (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=272582)

MissMoppet 28th August 2017 20:20

No Jags in Italy

Just back from 12 days in Umbria and in all that car mad country we saw only one Jaguar. (Several Maseratis though). This was ironically enough while we were waiting for the plane to come home at Venice Marco Polo airport. It had the Union Jack on the front and a smart gent + family boarded the chauffeur-driven car. Presumably Our Ambassador, "waving the flag."

Convinces me more than ever that our feeble exporters ain't gonna rescue us chaps post-Brexit if we can't sell Jags to Italy?

trikey 28th August 2017 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMoppet (Post 2535123)
Just back from 12 days in Umbria and in all that car mad country we saw only one Jaguar. (Several Maseratis though). This was ironically enough while we were waiting for the plane to come home at Venice Marco Polo airport. It had the Union Jack on the front and a smart gent + family boarded the chauffeur-driven car. Presumably Our Ambassador, "waving the flag."

Convinces me more than ever that our feeble exporters ain't gonna rescue us chaps post-Brexit if we can't sell Jags to Italy?

Why would they want a Jag with all that exotica.

jonc3725 29th August 2017 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2535129)
Why would they want a Jag with all that exotica.

Blimey I was just about to write the same thing and read your reply:D:D:D
Why would you want a Jag with all those Italian manufacturers rattling around the country. Personally I think Jag are over rated but I only came to that decision after owning two:duh::getmecoat:

e668ecp 30th August 2017 08:14

The EU as it stands is finished as a trading block long term.. JLR are concentrating on China and beyond where the money is.

grivas 30th August 2017 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by e668ecp (Post 2535574)
The EU as it stands is finished as a trading block long term.. JLR are concentrating on China and beyond where the money is.

Clearly you are commercially blinkered!

murphyv310 30th August 2017 08:56

Perhaps not. China has the greatest new car registrations in the world plus they buy a load of executive cars.
They recently also put in a bid for Fiat FCA, wonder how that would go down in Italy?

murphyv310 30th August 2017 09:00

Back to the original post.
An XF drove past me last week and it sounded rubbish, nothing like that beautiful XK 6 cylinder engine was. They don't float the boat for me one little bit and it's doubtful it would do the same for the Italians.

grivas 30th August 2017 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMoppet (Post 2535123)

Jaguar needs to re invent itself their cars are no where near as good as they will have you believe in all the important areas, basic engineering, quality control, after sale service longevity etc etc they are expensive to buy, run, service maintain they rust, etc wouldn't have one if given to me free.

The most important thing is to get the basic engineering right then go from there, the answer is in the company's history, Jaguar should be up there with the very best, just not there!

mcd840 30th August 2017 15:11

Personally I like Jags however seem to read on here many times now people slating them and how much better a 75 is. I found my 75 contemp se fully loaded with classy looks however in terms of build quality - what a pile of cr*p, I am also aware that a few on here have gone from 75's to xf's just because there 75's time has come or had its day.

Just my opinion like :shrug:

HarryM1BYT 30th August 2017 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcd840 (Post 2535724)
I found my 75 contemp se fully loaded with classy looks however in terms of build quality - what a pile of cr*p, I am also aware that a few on here have gone from 75's to xf's just because there 75's time has come or had its day.

Just my opinion like :shrug:

No complaints from me about build quality of mine, it is generally superb. All cars have their accidentaly designed in weak points, no car can ever be 100%.