The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I learned something new... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=251505)

Ravinder 19th August 2016 14:12

I learned something new...

I only found out yesterday that when I have the cruise control on, if I flick the switch up it increases the speed and sets it on cruise.......:o I never knew this before as I had never previously flicked the switch more then once. Only to set the speed. Am I the only one? :eek::o

MWMan 19th August 2016 14:20

I have used mine for this since I got the car, but unlike other cars I have had with cruise, it doesn't let you reduce the speed in the same way. Wish it did, I love cruise (bad knee), but I wish I could drive along using the steering wheel control like the accelerator pedal.

Ravinder 19th August 2016 18:51

Yeah, I always wondered that too. It doesn't bother me too much that I can flick the bottom switch and wait for the car to reduce speed before deactivating cruise again. I do like the fact that you can use the switch to retain the previous speed again. Very handy.

Lancpudn 19th August 2016 19:02

In over 40 years of driving & all the numerous cars I've owned in that time I've never ever used the cruise control or A/C in any of those cars including my 75:eek:

keithst24 19th August 2016 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2349623)
In over 40 years of driving & all the numerous cars I've owned in that time I've never ever used the cruise control or A/C in any of those cars including my 75:eek:

I picked up my Tourer a couple of week's ago and asked the seller if the heated seats and sports mode on auto box were all OK...he said ''I dont know ..never tried them''.........They were fine all working...just show's you some Toy's don't get used :D

Lancpudn 19th August 2016 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithst24 (Post 2349627)
I picked up my Tourer a couple of week's ago and asked the seller if the heated seats and sports mode on auto box were all OK...he said ''I dont know ..never tried them''.........They were fine all working...just show's you some Toy's don't get used :D

LOL those are two more things to add to the list :D

macafee2 20th August 2016 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2349623)

why?

macafee2

marinabrian 20th August 2016 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2350207)
why?

macafee2

Cos they''re dangerous :eek::eek::eek:

Cruise control and aircon are nice trinkets, but I prefer the windows all wound down personally, and a bit of wood wedging the accelerator pedal to the seat :drool4:

Brian :D

Lancpudn 20th August 2016 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2350210)

Cruise control and aircon are nice trinkets, but I prefer the windows all wound down personally :drool4:

^This^ From past experience of old cars They've usually got gremlins in them & I don't need the hassle if they go belly up. they're things that I've never ever bothered with.

macafee2 20th August 2016 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2350210)

Cruise control and aircon are nice trinkets, but I prefer the windows all wound down personally, and a bit of wood wedging the accelerator pedal to the seat :drool4:

not sure how to take first part of your post, serious or in jest

macafee2