The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The South West (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Petroc Motorsport funday RMB Chivenor 15th May (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=75727)

Hainsie 11th January 2011 13:16

Petroc Motorsport funday RMB Chivenor 15th May

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

I have been tasked with organising a static display of MGs, so what I need are as many willing volunteers to bring their pride and joy to RMB Chivenor on 15th May.

I would like to get as many F's / TFs together as well as trying to get some older classics and hopefully an SV / ZT 260 or two (Col, your contacts and help here would be appreciated).

This really was a good fun day out last year and it promises to be even bigger and better this year:

See Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 2874817038

Events info: http://www.britevents.com/whats-on/devo ... ay/244660/

Names Please:

Steve H F, ZR and ZTT

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Kai Herb 11th January 2011 13:37

I could pop along if you want another Ztt :} (oh and added myself to the Facebook Page as well)

Hainsie 11th January 2011 18:50

Nice one Steve, Kai will love it.

J1MBO 11th January 2011 19:14

Don't have an MG - would a Rover 75 V8 do, if so will put it in the diary and try and get the "management" to come with me for a long weekend.

Cheers
Jim

Hainsie 12th January 2011 16:41

Shouldn't be a problem Jim.

J1MBO 14th January 2011 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hainsie (Post 649965)
Shouldn't be a problem Jim.

Right I've entered it in my diary and I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Cheers
Jim

laser558 15th January 2011 21:08

I hope to be able to make it. Can bring the Bittersweet ZT 260SE

Hainsie 20th January 2011 12:47

Nice one laser.

I see you are in Tiverton, small world! Whereabouts? I'll keep an eye out for you.

List so far:

Steve H F, ZR,ZTT
Steve ZTT
Jimbo 75 V8
Laser558

Hainsie 10th February 2011 16:34

Have met with Louise today to give her a progress update.

Car plus driver will be admitted free of charge if in the MG paddock, any passengers will pay the concessions rate (TBA)

"Exhibitors" will need to fill in a registration form and will have tickets and passes mailed out to them. I will advise further when this needs to be done. There will be a cut off date for numbers so we can get the displays organised.

Come on guys, lets have some more takers!!!

So far:

Steve, Dora & Matt F and ZTT/ZR
Pete & Lin F
Joe & Carol F
Nigel and Jo TF?

ZTand 75's
Steve ZTT
Jimbo 75 V8
Laser558 ZT

Skitz SV?

Dougie MGB
Ros MGBGTV

Kai Herb 11th February 2011 03:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hainsie (Post 670050)

Car plus diver will be admitted free

Expecting Rain are we ??? :D:D:D

(sorry couldnt resist)

Hainsie 11th February 2011 06:29

Thanks for the spell check Steve!!

It was scorching last year, so fingers crossed that you won't need diving gear this year!

Hainsie 14th February 2011 16:40

Some more info. on this today.

I've booked our pitch and costs will be as follows:

Car plus driver are free
For each car, up to 3 guests will be entitled to concession price tickets at £5 per guest.
In addition, we will get 2 free adult tickets for every 5 cars on display. If we get the right numbers and guests, it could all be free!:D

I'll be sending out the vehicle information sheet to you soon, I need to know how many guests you will be bringing.

We need to ge the forms back in by 21st April, so no rush (Yet!!).

Hainsie 17th February 2011 11:58

Brend hotels are doing a 10% discount at The Barnstaple hotel EX31 1LE: http://www.brend-hotels.co.uk/TheBarnstaple/Home.cfm

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...hotelflyer.jpg

Hainsie 28th February 2011 16:56

A flyer is coming out next week.

I'll be PMing you guys the vehicle information sheet, please fill it in and send it back to me at the e-mail address at the bottom of the form.

We will be next to the classic minis making up a British section.

Anyone else wishing to come, please add your name to teh list and contact me so I can get you a form.

Steve

Hainsie 2nd March 2011 15:44

More info. available on the Petroc website: http://www.petroc.ac.uk/events/w126/...t-fun-day-2011
  • Displays by stunt drive Russ Swift
  • Michael Schumacher’s 1993 Benetton Formula 1 car
  • The Ken Fox Wall of Death Troupe
  • The RAF Falcons Parachute Display Team
  • South West Championship Autotest
  • Andrei Burton’s Full Tilt extreme sports display
  • The Renault Formula 1 team will be displaying the 2011 Renault Lotus car
  • Ferrari Owners Club display
  • The JDM Drift Team
  • The Yamaha Thunder Truck and Super Bike displays a Guinness World Land Speed Record Attempt! And Much More!

Hainsie 9th March 2011 12:19

The motorsport day will be raising funds for Help for heroes.
More specifically, the charity is directed at the C Group. The C Group is made up of a small nucleus of Royal Marines and a rapidly expanding membership of businessmen and women, drawn initially from the South West but now including increasing numbers from throughout the UK.

The C Group's aims can be summarised as follows:-

To raise awareness and understanding of the Royal Marines and the current issues facing them.
To support the on-going rehabilitation and re-integration of injured Royal Marines, whether this is within the Corps or in a new direction in a civilian career.
To provide facilities and opportunities to support the welfare and personal development of serving and former Royal Marines as the need arises.

See link: http://www.thecgroup.org/new-site/cg-home.html

Hainsie 24th March 2011 11:39

Deadline for registrations on this one is rapidly approaching.

Any more takers?

James.uk 24th March 2011 12:17

ARGHHH____ THIS clashes with the Portland "Families" meet and the Cheshire-North Wales Convoy one as well...

Would everyone please check the events calendar before proposing new meetings.. Taa............

???????????????????????????????????????????/////// :shrug: :shrug:

Southern Storm 24th March 2011 14:01

Still looking for peeps on this?
I got my BRG ZT190 or I could borrow the missus ZR but will need it cleaning really well first.
If you need either shout me and may just swing it.

Hainsie 28th March 2011 22:11

PM sent with details Jon.

Sorry James, I'll put you on the list for next year!!

Hainsie 29th March 2011 11:41

Numbers over 20 now.

If you haven't returned your vehicle info. form to me, please do so asap.

Any more interested, please PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a form.

Hoping that the Zed register is going to attend, also theMGZR.co.uk.

James.uk 29th March 2011 17:08

Ellow Hainsie. :) I doubt it will effect the Cheshire-Colwyn bay convoy as it's too far away, but just thought it might impact on the Portland peeps was all..

Purely out of interest, my car came from Uffculme near Tiverton.. innit.. :D

Hainsie 6th April 2011 18:34

1 Attachment(s)
See attached flyer, any promotion any one can do for the event would be appreciated.

Applications have gone in, just need £5 per passenger - will be chasing those coming very soon!!

Any late takers, let me know and we'll squeeze you in. Still chasing some maybes

Definites list:

Steve H BRG MGF
Dora H Silver ZR 120+
Pete and Lin White F
Nigel & Jo Cassis TF 85th
Neil and Julie Black TF135
Colin Murrell ?Surprise?
Andrew Flewin Grey ZT 260SE
Andy Greenhalgh Black / green ZTT SE 400
Stu and Bev Blue ZTT
James Chester (Jimbo) Poseidon 75 V8
Jonathan Brickell (Southern storm) BRG ZT190+
John Mannings (Skitz) Blue SV
Colin Silver SV
Louise Allen Blue ZR 105+ (featured in MGE and MGOC)
Darren harding (Dazzer) ZR TD
James Scown ZR TD

Lousie Allen will be bringing the Zed register stand and also representing theMGZR.co.uk.

I'm awaiting a reply from MGCC about some promotional items, particulalrly MG Benji!

colintf 6th April 2011 20:31

you have done well Steve :}

speedy(delboy) 27th April 2011 19:53

I live in Barnstaple (at weekends :drool4:) so I could bring my ZT along if you like, would get a chance to me others as well.

Let me know if you need me

Cheers, Phil
[email protected]

Hainsie 28th April 2011 12:44

Nice one Phil, sent you an e-mail with details.

MGCC have sent lots of promotional items and the Zed register stand will be there.

Tickets being sent out this week, any other late entries, just let me know.

Should be a cracking day!

speedy(delboy) 28th April 2011 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hainsie (Post 714850)
Nice one Phil, sent you an e-mail with details.

MGCC have sent lots of promotional items and the Zed register stand will be there.

Tickets being sent out this week, any other late entries, just let me know.

Should be a cracking day!

Hi Steve,

Got the 2 emails and will fill in the one you need returned in the morning.

Look forward to meeting you all

Cheers, Phil

andy willi 5th May 2011 17:10

possibuly down in your neck of the woods that weekend will call in on sunday pm me details will be able to conferm for the weekend but we are having a nano on the saturday and it depends if i can escape early

andy

Simon.h 5th May 2011 17:51

Hi, it sounds good, i may come down and show off my rare colour.
But i dont know if i can make it until about 3 days before!

Hainsie 5th May 2011 20:25

PM's sent to Andy Willi and Simon.H

Great interest in this, we have 22 confirmed attendees, hoping to squeeze in a couple more!
Vistiors on the day more than welcome, the event is looking massive at the moment with just over a week to go.
Fingers crossed for good weather!

andy willi 5th May 2011 22:31

will be there send details

andy

speedy(delboy) 6th May 2011 13:37

Just getting the car ready for the Petroc show next weekend and I am having the calipers done, but :mad: damm, one of the rear wheel lock bolts teeth have sheered off and cant get it off and can only get 3 calipers done.

Please does anyone have a spare wheel locking nut for sale so I can at least get the 4th caliper done for the show.

Thanks in Anticipation.

Phil

speedy(delboy) 6th May 2011 13:39

Steve,

How much were the spare tickets from you matey ??

Was it a Fiver ??

May need two, as typically the wench want to come now with the daughter.

Cheers

Hainsie 6th May 2011 21:38

No worries Phil, e-mail sent to you.

James.uk 6th May 2011 21:51

I hope it rains coz you nicked Jimbo off my convoy!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

;) :p:

Hainsie 6th May 2011 21:55

Sorry James! He is a man of his own mind obviously!

The MG paddock is now full and can accept no more entries.

However, the event is massive, so come and say hello and have a day out in sunny North Devon!

Hainsie 9th May 2011 17:14

See link to Zed register Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=212989182052905

andy willi 11th May 2011 20:13

hotel booked premier inn barnstable need to know about the convoy
will be there around 7.30 on saturday night is there anyone else going to be there can meet in bar

andy

speedy(delboy) 12th May 2011 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy willi (Post 722728)
hotel booked premier inn barnstable need to know about the convoy
will be there around 7.30 on saturday night is there anyone else going to be there can meet in bar

andy

Are you staying at the Whiddon Valley (Barum Gate) one or the Roundswell one Andy ??

I live in Barnstaple and could meet up if ya like, but aint bringing the wench thou :D:D:D.

Let me know :getmecoat:

Hainsie 12th May 2011 05:41

Convoy is either meet at Rumsam bridge for 9.15 or go under your own steam to Chivenor. (or with Phil!)

Details on the attached link to Google maps:http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=...909e02551&z=10

Weather forecast not looking too bad!

andy willi 12th May 2011 07:30

staying at whiddon vally will be there around 7.30
andy

andy willi 15th May 2011 19:49

5 Attachment(s)
brilliant made very welcome will attend next year few pics

stux99 15th May 2011 19:56

A great day if a little windy. Nice to meet some new faces.

Stu

J1MBO 15th May 2011 22:09

4 Attachment(s)
Really was a great day and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Voice a little hoarse - the good lady always says I should talk less and listen more :shrug:. Great to meet members of the various clubs that were represented and renew friendships.

I thought that we had a really good lineup of the marque (plus my Rover), the members of the general public that spoke to me were very impressed with the turn out and condition of the cars.

We're stopping in Devon for a couple of extra days before returning home and I won't be posting any video and slideshows until then - don't think the dongle could handle the data lol. However there's a few cars below that I'd have on my shopping list, finances and the good lady allowing.

Finally a word of thanks to Steve (Hainsie) for arranging it all and the Rover banner that he very kindly gave me.

Cheers all
Jim

Southern Storm 15th May 2011 22:23

Good to see you all there. Sorry if I wasnt around to talk much but the management and sprogs wanted to go play and look around.
Plus turning up late following my son deciding to throw up his breakfast (Muesli with plenty of Milk) all over the inside of his daddies freshly valeted Green ZT meant a quick road side spruce up.
Bit thumbs up to Steve for organising this one. Looks an event with ALOT of potential and I for one will be attending next year.
So Thanks steve and thanks to all who attended. Even my Manager (general public member) was impressed with the turnout.

Hainsie 16th May 2011 13:14

Glad you guys enjoyed it. I certainly did!

A great turn out of lovely MGs and Jimbo's Rover.

Please pass on any piccies you took, I'll post some on here soon.

speedy(delboy) 16th May 2011 15:59

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Steve, yep was a great day, was nice to meet other members from the site, just a shame about the call to work at about 3.

Here are a few more pic, oh, and did manage to get a programme, if ya have a spare one :D

Well can attach one of them, it wont do the others for some reason ??

J1MBO 19th May 2011 13:56

A quick video slideshow of the cars in the "MG" display

when I get chance I'll do another slideshow of the other displays and edit the convoy video.

Cheers
Jim

Hainsie 20th May 2011 12:37

Nice one Jim!!

Hainsie 16th June 2011 16:38

Here's the link to the coverage from Channel 4's Mobil 1 The Grid:
http://www.grid1.tv/videos/grassroot...rsport-fun-day