The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Oh no..not another T4 testbook post..! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=287840)

xr4x4 6th September 2018 12:11

Oh no..not another T4 testbook post..!

Hi guys,

I am new here, 1st post.. so hello to everyone. :}

Im not new to rovers though and have been on the Rover scene since Rover200.com, roverload and rovertech (same username)

Ive had my fair share of rovers from metros, zr turbos, 200 400 and the ZTs.

So.. down to my issue.. well not really an issue, more of a challenge..

Ive just purchased (at great expense) a more or less complete Landrover T4 testbook system, with all the cables and most of the disks, which works fine.

I hoped to use this on my MG ZR Turbo mems 1.9 with the correct rover disk (DRE0008Y?) , which i got from the seller... turns out i cant and .. i believe need the MG Rover version of RDS V5.06.

Have i got that right?

Im aware i will need to dual boot the laptop, for swap hard drives etc and being in IT have no problem doing this.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Paul.

BigRuss 6th September 2018 14:45

Hi and welcome, to the club.

Yes for Rovers you need RDS 5.06 it does Landrover too unlike 7.06 which only does Landrover so there's no real need to dual boot unless you really want to ;)

You might find it to download online if you google it last time I looked it was around but that's a while ago.

Russ

marinabrian 6th September 2018 15:09

Just have a look on eBay for Millicent_bystander, or Tidy_Shopper, there is a man who will certainly be able to furnish you with a pirated version of RDS5.06 :getmecoat:

xr4x4 6th September 2018 17:06

Hello and thanks to both of you for your reply’s.

It’s currently running rds 6.00 but it came with a copy of rds 5.06l, as this is a copy, I assume it’s a land rover version, as it’s not marked.

So I need to down grade to rds 5.06 and this will run the dre0008y rover disk?

Is that right?

marinabrian 6th September 2018 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by xr4x4 (Post 2666953)
Hello and thanks to both of you for your reply’s.

It’s currently running rds 6.00 but it came with a copy of rds 5.06l, as this is a copy, I assume it’s a land rover version, as it’s not marked.

So I need to down grade to rds 5.06 and this will run the dre0008y rover disk?

Is that right?

Yes, uninstall RDS6 then delete the contents of the "upgrades.ini" file contained in the RDS folder on the C: drive.

RDS 5.06 can then be installed, followed by running the LANGMAP upgrade files contained on DST0001A and DXT0002W.

You can then run both Rover and Land Rover discs on your machine ;)

Brian :D

Mickyboy 6th September 2018 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2666930)
Just have a look on eBay for Millicent_bystander, or Tidy_Shopper, there is a man who will certainly be able to furnish you with a pirated version of RDS5.06 :getmecoat:

Tidy_Shopper:getmecoat:
Mick

xr4x4 6th September 2018 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2666960)
Yes, uninstall RDS6 then delete the contents of the "upgrades.ini" file contained in the RDS folder on the C: drive.

RDS 5.06 can then be installed, followed by running the LANGMAP upgrade files contained on DST0001A and DXT0002W.

You can then run both Rover and Land Rover discs on your machine ;)

Brian :D

Ok thanks for that.

I’ve installed xp pro on a fresh machine (laptop), followed by rds 5.06, this runs both the rover disks I have.

I don’t have the other two disks dst0001a and dxt0002w what do the langmap upgrade files do?

Of course I’ve yet to plug it into the t4 hardware and try it. :shrug:

marinabrian 6th September 2018 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by xr4x4 (Post 2666991)
Ok thanks for that.

I’ve installed xp pro on a fresh machine (laptop), followed by rds 5.06, this runs both the rover disks I have.

I don’t have the other two disks dst0001a and dxt0002w what do the langmap upgrade files do?

Of course I’ve yet to plug it into the t4 hardware and try it. :shrug:

Well make sure your laptop network settings are set to use a fixed network address of 192.168.001.002 and the line negotiation set to off and the line configuration set to 10 Mbps half duplex ;)

It might well work ok with the legacy testbook disc for your MEM1.9 job without the upgrades to the LANGMAP, but it will chuck out some of the later stuff......especially Pektron SCU ;)

pletevl 7th September 2018 14:20

When you say you have a ZR turbo, are you talking diesel ?

And aren't all the Rover and MGs from 2000 MEMS 3 ?

xr4x4 7th September 2018 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2667080)
Well make sure your laptop network settings are set to use a fixed network address of 192.168.001.002 and the line negotiation set to off and the line configuration set to 10 Mbps half duplex ;)

It might well work ok with the legacy testbook disc for your MEM1.9 job without the upgrades to the LANGMAP, but it will chuck out some of the later stuff......especially Pektron SCU ;)

Thanks again for your reply.

Well it’s working, .. :}

I got all the networking stuff off the old laptop.

I will change those settings tho, as it’s a little quirky when booting up.

I’ve just set the speed but I can’t find the line negotiation to change it?

I’m having to power up or cycle the t4 hardware after the laptop has booted into the t4 software, it won’t find it otherwise.

Can I get the langmaps stuff and install them off the later rds 6 disk?

Cheers.