The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   manners gggrrrr (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=291041)

macafee2 16th December 2018 07:20

manners gggrrrr

Yes this is a rant and if I could get away with putting naughty words in I would, as to be honest, I'm quite ggrrr angry about it

I gave something away via freecycle, There was no please or thank you from the recipient.
Not the first time I've given something away and not got a please or thank you from freecycle users.

I have offered someone some stuff at a price (not Rover related), no thank you for being given the first chance, no thank you for being given the chance.

for grr sake have some grr manners and teach your grr children some grrr manners.

rant over

macafee2

AndyN01 16th December 2018 08:28

Isn't there an "old" saying about "manners maketh man" or something like that?

I'm very happy to agree with you.

Is it such a struggle to say "thank you" or are these people so self centred they just don't understand/get it etc? :icon_rolleyes:

Andy.

Scaramanga 16th December 2018 17:37

A sharp "You're welcome!" is how I respond to these people.

It sometimes gets you a "Oh, I'm sorry, thanks!"

Othertimes it'll be a look that could kill.

Thanks for this thread by the way :p:

Ennine 16th December 2018 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scaramanga (Post 2694898)
A sharp "You're welcome!" is how I respond to these people.

:p:

We could do with one of those on the forum for those that simply can't be bothered to click a "Thanks" button when one has quite obvioulsy posted something helpful.

Devilish 17th December 2018 02:48

SWMBO bought me a cappuccino out yesterday afternoon, and I did not say thank you. (not afraid of that old battleaxe)

Gate Keeper 17th December 2018 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2694784)
Yes this is a rant and if I could get away with putting naughty words in I would, as to be honest, I'm quite ggrrr angry about it

I gave something away via freecycle, There was no please or thank you from the recipient.
Not the first time I've given something away and not got a please or thank you from freecycle users.

I have offered someone some stuff at a price (not Rover related), no thank you for being given the first chance, no thank you for being given the chance.

for grr sake have some grr manners and teach your grr children some grrr manners.

rant over

macafee2

What do you do about children who refuse to comply? Over the weekend, we were invited to dinner with relatives. At the table was my wife, a brother-in-law, an aunt and her 16 year old daughter, a small gathering. The daughter has a history of temper tantrums and has blacked her mums eye on several occasions. Over dinner, she ate using her hands and licked the plate clean. Manners is not just please and thank you ....

Rev Jules 17th December 2018 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 2694969)
What do you do about children who refuse to comply? Over the weekend, we were invited to dinner with relatives. At the table was my wife, a brother-in-law, an aunt and her 16 year old daughter, a small gathering. The daughter has a history of temper tantrums and has blacked her mums eye on several occasions. Over dinner, she ate using her hands and licked the plate clean. Manners is not just please and thank you ....

Good Morning Jessica and Phil.

I was never one not to speak my mind, If it had of been me, I would have said if I wanted to eat with a pig, and would have left the table.

Julien

macafee2 17th December 2018 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 2694969)

I do not think with what you say it would be appropriate for me to comment as there may be underlying reasons for the behaviour/

You right it is not just please and thank you, giving up your seat on a train or bus for someone, holding a door open, all manners

macafee2

MSS 17th December 2018 12:03

Does anyone remember queues at bus stops?

That concept is no longer understood in London.

Gate Keeper 17th December 2018 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2695001)
I do not think with what you say it would be appropriate for me to comment as there may be underlying reasons for the behaviour/

You right it is not just please and thank you, giving up your seat on a train or bus for someone, holding a door open, all manners

macafee2

My take on it was that she was trying to shock everyone around the table. She doesn’t have a dad, he left her mum at an early age. Both of them flew in from South Africa to join us on a camping trip over Christmas.