The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   rover 75 export numbers (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299293)

genpk 16th September 2019 21:30

rover 75 export numbers

Wondering if anyone has export numbers and any details of Rover 75s to Australia.
Tryjng to establish if i have the only diesel 75 over here as ive never seen anything other than 2.5 kv6 cars here.
I know there are a few v8 zt 260s that came to Australia in the last days of mgr
and i believe a couple of V8 75s went to new zealand but my diesel seems a bit unique here.

egremont 21st September 2019 11:50

Probably a private import.

Peter, as your car is a 2003 model, my guess is that it was a private import into Australia.

MG Rover Australia only imported 2.5 KV6 cars until the latter years - when they included a few diesel vehicles.

There were a few diesel cars listed at the Australian 2005 liquidation sale.

Are you able to check your state’s motor registration office to gather information on your cars past registration records.

genpk 21st September 2019 12:38

That makes sense, my diesel is a 2005 Connie thus probably one of the last batches to Australia.
May have seen a diesel for sale once on the east coast ages ago but never seen another here on the west coast.
I know the car was previously owned by the owner of a local high end leather furniture company.
Cant get over how good the fuel mileage is on the diesel compared to my 2.5 petrol versions.
Fuel consumption is even good compared to my brothers new diesel Kia Sportage.

egremont 22nd September 2019 06:39

Public Profile.

Peter, I notice your Public Profile only lists 2003 for your vehicle(s).
Perhaps you may like to update / add this to reflect your 2005 diesel.
Regards,
egremont.

charlie 22 22nd September 2019 08:34

On a slight tangent read a blog years ago about some R25's that were shipped to Australia in the last days of MGR for evaluation. Funny thing was about the blog was the owner who loved the car getting an expat to do a HGF change, as the K series was not sold normally there.

genpk 23rd September 2019 00:22

never saw any r25s but i do know the last two shipments over here were one to new zealand which had a couple of v8 75s in it and the other was to australia and had some v8 260 zts in it.
The diesel i have has 135ph sticker on it and it gets up and moves, has the turbo lag as most turbos but really is alot faster off the mark than my 2.5 cars.

charlie 22 23rd September 2019 07:53

Does anyone know why the diesel was not offered along side v6.

genpk 23rd September 2019 11:51

At that time ( early 2,000nds ) everything here re passenger cars were mainly petrol engines and commercial vehicles were pretty much diesel.
I think Mgrs major competitor at the time was Jaguar and all the S types and x types imported here were petrol as well so the petrol 2.5 was the choice as it was the biggest engine mgr offered then.
The only car makers that were starting to bring alot of diesel passenger cars in at that time were Mercedes and Bmw .