The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Feel ill.... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299723)

Dawn 4th October 2019 17:50

Feel ill....

So I took the car for its MOT this afternoon and popped to do some shopping. 3 hours later I went to pick up and they were running late and hadn't started. I got myself so worked up and worried I now still feel sick!

It passed. He mentioned a couple of items, but not bad enough for an advisory this year. Both were mentioned by lates when servicing, but he too said not to bother until next year as they are not bad enough. (Brake lines and the dreaded drop link rubbers) Also a bit close on emissions, but not sure what can be done about that as I pootle too much. :(

So all in all very good! No actual advisories.

I was also telling him about my local classic car show turning me down and he said he is the main sponsor, so next year if I want to take it he will get me pride of place in front of the town hall with his cars! :)

I still feel shaky though :getmecoat::duh:

steve-45 4th October 2019 17:53

Hi Dawn, I know it’s silly but we all feel that way at MOT time . :duh:

stevestrat 4th October 2019 17:57

Stick a good fuel system cleaner in Dawn, something like Forte, and take the car for a good run now and then to give it a clean out.

Number 6 4th October 2019 17:58

Dawn see my reply to your previous post.;);)

patrolman pete 4th October 2019 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-45 (Post 2766532)
Hi Dawn, I know it’s silly but we all feel that way at MOT time . :duh:

I'd rather sit in the dentist's chair than take cars for an MOT . And I'm in the motor trade !

sewerman 4th October 2019 21:07

Know the feeling Dawn, my regular independent MOT place closed in June so had to take the wife's car somewhere new today, the garage Artic uses for his so knew it would be a pukka one.

Was a relief when it passed with a few advisoris slight corrosion on the rear rear brake pipes and a couple of tyres getting close phew :}
Scott

Arctic 4th October 2019 22:57

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewerman (Post 2766635)
Know the feeling Dawn, my regular independent MOT place closed in June so had to take the wife's car somewhere new today, the garage Artic uses for his so knew it would be a pukka one.

Was a relief when it passed with a few advisoris slight corrosion on the rear rear brake pipes and a couple of tyres getting close phew :}
Scott

Hi Scott.
Nice one who did it for you Mark or the other chap, did you stand in the bay or did you wait in the little reception, tyre place next door is always handy too if you would have needed some, Colin is his name he is a good guy too. ;) did you also spot the body shop next door as well.

sewerman 5th October 2019 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2766651)
Hi Scott.
Nice one who did it for you Mark or the other chap, did you stand in the bay or did you wait in the little reception, tyre place next door is always handy too if you would have needed some, Colin is his name he is a good guy too. ;) did you also spot the body shop next door as well.

Yes it was Mark that did it ,waited in reception though just incase it was bad news!

gazcaz 6th October 2019 08:28

Dawn for emissions use Cataclean , alternate fuel grades and add some good old redex it will slowly clean everything, i swear by it, drop links straight forward..:D

Dawn 6th October 2019 08:30

Hi Gaz! Yes Marinabrian said Cataclean too. I'm going to get some :)