The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Wipers Problem (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=260478)

muey 20th January 2017 11:28

Wipers Problem

Hi all,
My wipers are mis-behaving at the moment. One swipe (press stalk down) works but will not return to park position. If I release the down pressure, the wipers stop where they are.
Intermittent not working , nor is slow speed.
Wash wipe will wash, but not wipe.
Full speed working as it should.

Any advice on the cause / remedy will be gratefully received !

Regards Mark.

cbr1100xx 21st January 2017 09:46

Don't know IG it helps but I had a rover sterling and the wipers wouldn't park after switching off , randomly stopping at different places and that was the wiper motor itself , got a secondhand one for a few quid and problem solved(apart from wipers stopping during a deluge on the m6,scary at 70ish mph,but that was down to not tightening a nut on the arm)

muey 21st January 2017 23:59

Thanks cbr, I not a regular poster, but was expecting a reply from the gurus on here, maybe I should have posted in general forum, they pretty good on here when they see members with a problem, I also had a Rover 800 (2 0f them) , wiper problem on them (mine) was the joint under front windscreen panel wore out and dropped off !
I did a mod "A" with that at work, but electrical stuff is way beyond me, hopefully some 1 will help me out, but thanks for your input
Regards Mark

SD1too 22nd January 2017 08:46

Mark,

The first thing I would do is take off the trim around the wiper stalk and check the security of the electrical connectors.

Simon

muey 22nd January 2017 12:33

Hi Simon
I will give that a go , I hope its some thing simple like that, would save me getting an auto electrician out ! Thanks for the input,

Regards, Mark

COLVERT 22nd January 2017 15:26

I agree with Simon.

Electrical problem. Quite often the motor earth.

muey 22nd January 2017 19:07

Thanks Colvert . I will investigate this week and report back .

Regards Mark

klarzy 22nd January 2017 19:14

Have a butchers at the earth connections by the left side of the passenger footwell under the plastic trim by the door pillar...

muey 22nd January 2017 21:07

Hi Klarzy,
will do that too.
Thanks

Regards Mark

muey 9th February 2017 14:24

Hi all,
After trying all the things listed above, with no joy, today my car went to the auto electrician . He found a bad connection to the glovebox fuse box and sorted it out. With my limited knowledge of electrics, I would never have found it !
Thanks for all the advice, even though they were not the cause , they could have been ! It's appreciated.

Regards Mark