The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Regrets-a-Plenty (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=257330)

denis 24th November 2016 19:45

Regrets-a-Plenty

Over a year on and I still regret selling the yellow peril. Moreso when I found she wasn't going to a caring home and just getting sold on. One of lifes big mistakes. Didn't help when wife told me I'd sold her for peanuts....... :mad:

Saga Lout 24th November 2016 20:04

?

Quote:

Originally Posted by denis (Post 2404806)
Over a year on and I still regret selling the yellow peril. Moreso when I found she wasn't going to a caring home and just getting sold on. One of lifes big mistakes. Didn't help when wife told me I'd sold her for peanuts....... :mad:

Wife or car sold for Peanuts?

Cable Tie 24th November 2016 20:42

Quote:

Where does the non careing come into it then Denis!who spent 4 1/2 hours polishing the peril under the bonnet,who had it mopped and polished,who had it on a ramp and went through with a fine toothcomb,who looked into changing it into an auto due to a hip problem after struggling to drive a manual any distance,oh that was me the non careing owner who lost on the car so it went to another person who will use it 6 months of the year and garaged yes garaged the other six she is in the same if not better condition when I picked her up oh that was me the non careing owner and as for peanuts I paid you exactly what you wanted for it not a penny less after you tried backing up on the deal after I'd arranged a driver etc the day before collection I sold her for £2000 not a profit I rest my case enough said

Rooney 24th November 2016 21:04

Let's not fall out.

We've all got a car we wish we hadn't sold; off the top of my head I can think of three I couldn't wait to get rid of then wanted back as their rear lights twinkled in the distance.

I have a similar record with women :D

Cable Tie 24th November 2016 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by g.mc.g (Post 2404853)
Let's not fall out.

We've all got a car we wish we hadn't sold; off the top of my head I can think of three I couldn't wait to get rid of then wanted back as their rear lights twinkled in the distance.

I have a similar record with women :D

Well said I just wanted to put my side over before it went daft I have a love for the marque I have 3 at the moment and all well cared for I just didn't like the non careing bit I tried to convert to auto but wasn't cost effective

bl52krz 24th November 2016 21:47

When I bought my Rover 75 Cdt in 2008, I part exchanged my Rover 220sd for it. A car that had not cost me anything apart from servicing, and had taken me to southern Italy in 2006 and not missed a beat. I said to the salesman that I did not know if I was doing the right thing or not. We all make decisions that sometimes we wonder why we do so. You make a decision and that's it. No ifs no buts that's your right............or wrong.

daznkel 24th November 2016 23:39

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

WOW, that's one hell of a statement right there! :eek:

Whilst as owners/enthusiasts of the marque, I am sure we all, at some point, regret selling a vehicle, this is a step beyond the mark.

A caring home... Let me assure you, I have known Matt for a good while now and he has the upmost respect for the marque. All vehicles he has owned, MG or Rover, have wanted for nothing!

Furthermore, all he has longed for is a yellow ZT and was proud as punch when the opportunity arose to own Peril. Indeed, when he got her home to Torquay, she was on ramps before you know it and inspected/rectified. Credit to yourself Denis, she did not require much. But needless to say, money, time and effort were spent, getting her to showroom condition.

I know from first hand the torture and dilemma, that Matt went through having to part with Peril, due to health factors, that required the necessity for an auto.

Finally, I can assure you that she was sold, without a penny being made in profit, to a local friend, who is also an avid MG enthusiast, who I also happen to know as a friend. Indeed, recently we all spent a weekend together, supporting/promoting the marque.

clf 25th November 2016 00:04

almost looks like Sunspot in this shot

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...1&d=1480034361

regardless of what has been said, from the images, it is a credit to its current owner AND to, from various posts, its previous owners.

Perhaps the initial comments are a knee jerk reaction from a misunderstanding after learning its current, I was going to say fate but think status is a better word? :}

allan t 25th November 2016 06:09

My wife would not be chuffed either if I sold her for peanuts:D

Darcydog 25th November 2016 06:23

What about some chocolate brazil nuts then? - after all it is nearly Christmas....