The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Summer Toy. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=313156)

Phil th Barrow 27th May 2021 08:49

Looks a real minter. You say "one carefull (65) lady owner" ... She sounds refreshingly young at heart.

Darst i say anything about stiffer fork springs and oil or as it been done.Also linked brakes. Hope you not going across feilds with it...!!!!!

At th end of th day im just plain jellous. Its a beautifull clean exsample that'll im sure will bring you hours of joy.... ;-)

Phil th Barrow 27th May 2021 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancpudn (Post 2883426)
Nice one Andy although I had you down as a cruiser bike guy :D:eek::D

https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I see this bike is powered by beans. And is that a purple helmet he as there.:o;)

trikey 27th May 2021 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow (Post 2883497)
Looks a real minter. You say "one carefull (65) lady owner" ... She sounds refreshingly young at heart.

Darst i say anything about stiffer fork springs and oil or as it been done.Also linked brakes. Hope you not going across feilds with it...!!!!!

At th end of th day im just plain jellous. Its a beautifull clean exsample that'll im sure will bring you hours of joy.... ;-)

Fork oil changed and new spring fitted, also the rear shock rebuilt and revalved, I didn't notice any difference with the linked brakes to be fair, I dont plan on crossing any fields :eek: Was out with a mate on his Hayabusa many years ago when he did just that, too quick into a bend and straight through the hedge, the bike was ok, his collar bone wasn't!

stevestrat 27th May 2021 11:28

Mate of mine worked in a bike shop. The boss and him would take a couple of used bikes out at the weekend. Bob was on a CBR1000, into a corner too fast, this is gonna hurt but he got round it :shrug: Having given himself a scare he stopped, the boss came back and noticed there was grass and dirt on the tyres and the fairing. They went back to the bend and there was tyre tracks on the grass embankment 12 - 18" above the edge of the road, he'd done a wall of death :eek:

Phil th Barrow 27th May 2021 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2883523)
Fork oil changed and new spring fitted, also the rear shock rebuilt and revalved, I didn't notice any difference with the linked brakes to be fair, I dont plan on crossing any fields :eek: Was out with a mate on his Hayabusa many years ago when he did just that, too quick into a bend and straight through the hedge, the bike was ok, his collar bone wasn't!

I dont know exsactly how linked brakes work on this 11. But when im on gravel or in a feild (By accident or deliberate:duh:) i would only use th back brake. I wouldnt want it to tuck inn to th nearest cow pat.... :eek: :D

Dallas 27th May 2021 15:17

That's a bit nice Andy, I'm so jealous. ;)

I actually bought a motorcycle bluetooth handsfree MP3 stereo sound system only last week, SWMBO gave me that look and said, you ain't getting a bike. :eek::getmecoat:

trikey 27th May 2021 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2883563)

I actually bought a motorcycle bluetooth handsfree MP3 stereo sound system only last week, SWMBO gave me that look and said, you ain't getting a bike. :eek::getmecoat:

Good man, get it done.

stevestrat 27th May 2021 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2883563)

Could have saved some money and bought a Goldwing, has a sound system as standard, only £23,999. Had a Wing for a while, 1,500cc vintage (they're now 1,800cc!), relaxed cruiser but painful for parts. Had to replace a silencer, over £300 and that was discounted through the owners club, if I'd been mug enough to get it from a dealer it would have been about £400 :eek:

Think the best bike I ever had was the Honda ST1100. Hadn't planned on getting a new bike, I was in my local dealer for something and the boss threw me the keys for the demonstrator they'd just got . . . . I was hooked before I got to the end of the road :o

cbr1100xx 28th May 2021 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow (Post 2883549)
I dont know exsactly how linked brakes work on this 11. But when im on gravel or in a feild (By accident or deliberate:duh:) i would only use th back brake. I wouldnt want it to tuck inn to th nearest cow pat.... :eek: :D

They work by front lever applied outer 2 piston in the front and middle in the rear.
Rear brake applies outer 2 in the rear and middle in the front.
Use both on a dry road and hold on tight.
They are actually very good brakes and hardly noticable on the road.

Stan

Phil th Barrow 29th May 2021 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbr1100xx (Post 2883741)
They work by front lever applied outer 2 piston in the front and middle in the rear.
Rear brake applies outer 2 in the rear and middle in the front.
Use both on a dry road and hold on tight.
They are actually very good brakes and hardly noticable on the road.

Stan

I bet they are if like you say they are biased correctly. My only concern is front end locking on gravel/grass with only rear brake applied.. Does th ABS kick in and stop this occouring? Re my mention of purple helmets statment of th beans powered bike:eek:. Id like to ad, that this is th name of th motor cycle comeadic/stunt team from th Isle of Man pictured... :o