The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Dash cams .. Didn't know this ? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=286983)

ceedy 13th August 2018 10:42

Dash cams .. Didn't know this ?

Drivers are being warned that using a dash cam in some European countries such as Austria and Portugal could lead to huge fines.

linky :eek:

bl52krz 13th August 2018 16:22

If you use them in France, make sure you disable the speed warnings. If you are stopped, and they look into your settings, as they are able to do, and speed settings are enabled, you will lose the camera, and be fined. You have been warned. Having said that, I have been going to France for over 30 years, and never been stopped. (That’s put the cat amongst the pigeons ).

jonc3725 13th August 2018 19:17

Good uk should do same:bowdown:. Nice one Europe (by the way I voted for Brexit:D)

orbx 15th August 2018 13:50

Your Navi GPS stands in the car that is your private property

Your Navi GPS stands in the car that is your private property... therefore police isn't allowed to look into phone or GPS contents, unless special justice requirement...
And also... - speedcameras are forbidden since approx 2012, but being soon turned into safetycameras detectors, with enlarged hazardous areas ("zones de danger" starting earlier than a radar advice and finishing later too), fully legalized... whenever you did the available software update!!!

So, Navi voices telling you yesterday about a "radar" now says "attention, zone de danger"...
vs my Wikango 600, being but a detector, also bought for my RHD MGTF to show my driving speed in KM/H (digital numbers helping better than the english little characters below the miles ones in my dash). ;)

gazcaz 15th August 2018 17:27

So where is this wer part of Europe rubbish, if we are a Euro area we should all be under the same Laws shouldnt we ? no lets make it really complicated so we can screw the English....

Euro is a joke....:mad:

Bogbrush82 15th August 2018 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonc3725 (Post 2659709)
Good uk should do same:bowdown:. Nice one Europe (by the way I voted for Brexit:D)

Totally disagree. If it wasn't for dash cams the amount of "crash for cash" incidents would spiral out of control, not to mention the fact they can actually reduce your premium.

(Brexiteer here as well)

bl52krz 15th August 2018 23:17

Still waiting to find an insurance company that will reduce my premium because I have a camera in the back as well as one in the front

Alikris 16th August 2018 08:38

From the article:

Quote:

you can't simply just share footage (on Youtube or Facebook for example) unless you ask those who are being filmed.
and
Quote:

due to the German privacy laws, faces and number plates must be obscured if footage is being shared publicly.
So that means it's illegal to share photos (video is just multiple photos played consecutively) taken in public places if they contain faces or registration plates unless permission has been gained from those others appearing in the photos?

So basically, most holiday photos people take are illegal? So why aren't holidaymakers being stopped and having their devices searched?

Doesn't make sense to me, why discriminate against drivers using a device that actually helps road safety, individuals and the police, yet if I were to walk on a beach in these countries my face would appear on goodness knows how many Facebook albums without my permission and without the culprit facing any charges.

Ali :shrug:

bl52krz 16th August 2018 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alikris (Post 2660339)
From the article:

and
So that means it's illegal to share photos (video is just multiple photos played consecutively) taken in public places if they contain faces or registration plates unless permission has been gained from those others appearing in the photos?

So basically, most holiday photos people take are illegal? So why aren't holidaymakers being stopped and having their devices searched?

Doesn't make sense to me, why discriminate against drivers using a device that actually helps road safety, individuals and the police, yet if I were to walk on a beach in these countries my face would appear on goodness knows how many Facebook albums without my permission and without the culprit facing any charges.

Ali :shrug:

One of my forebears, on my paternal grandmothers side, Lord justice Goddard, said, and I quote:- ‘The law is an ass.’ How visibly true, and getting more so.

Alikris 16th August 2018 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonc3725 (Post 2659709)

Why should the UK do the same? What don't you like about dash cams?

If some idiot crashed into you and then blamed you for the accident, dash cam footage would be worth it's weight in gold to prove your innocence . . .

Ali.