The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Two items in the News! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=248472)

murphyv310 4th July 2016 09:20

Two items in the News!

Hi.
Farage is to step down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36702468

Discussion regarding an act of parliament to trigger article 50
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36700350

Could mean that even after a referendum we still may be tied into the EU whether we like it or not! There are a lot more in parliament who support remain than leave!

neilb740 4th July 2016 12:42

They are just trying to find the best way to wrap their dishonesty in legal gobbledygook.

When (not if) Brexit fails to happen due to some obscure loophole, maybe people will finally realise that we don't live in a democracy.
We are in an Autocracy where the ruling class maintain a carefully managed illusion of democratic rights.

They don't care what we think.

They only gave us a referendum in the first place because they were pretty sure we would vote the way they wanted.

Now we have shocked them with the wrong answer they will weasel out of it and do what they were always going to do anyway.

Scaramanga 4th July 2016 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilb740 (Post 2324041)
They are just trying to find the best way to wrap their dishonesty in legal gobbledygook.

When (not if) Brexit fails to happen due to some obscure loophole, maybe people will finally realise that we don't live in a democracy.
We are in an Autocracy where the ruling class maintain a carefully managed illusion of democratic rights.

They only gave us a referendum in the first place because they were pretty sure we would vote the way they wanted.

Now we have shocked them with the wrong answer they will weasel out of it and do what they were always going to do anyway.

I fear you are probably correct :o

Leyland Worldmaster 4th July 2016 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilb740 (Post 2324041)

With regards your last line; I've had this nagging feeling that would happen... time will tell...

After all it isn't legally binding.

If they don't proceed, things will kick off big time. Let's not forget the riots in the not too distant past!

Darcydog 4th July 2016 13:59

Ken Clarke said in the HoC that Parliament should ignore the Brexit vote.

Quite where he thinks this will leave democracy I don't know.

He always was an arrogant fool of a man who liked to play the bumbling ill-dressed clown. Now I think we see the real Ken Clarke underneath this act.

We will have to wait and see how this pans out.

Woof25 4th July 2016 15:15

This is not a polictical forum pm each other and leave the rest of us in peace please parliment may vote on it but will not ignore the people.
Thank you

Scaramanga 4th July 2016 17:51

Well we have a photography forum and a Technology forum - perhaps a political forum where peeps can discuss or avoid politics :shrug:

Best_of_British 4th July 2016 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woof25 (Post 2324100)
This is not a polictical forum pm each other and leave the rest of us in peace please parliment may vote on it but will not ignore the people.
Thank you

Its in the social forum. Move on and dont waste your time replying.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Woof25 4th July 2016 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scaramanga (Post 2324203)
Well we have a photography forum and a Technology forum - perhaps a political forum where peeps can discuss or avoid politics :shrug:

Fair point lee, perhaps it could be put to Reebs to take up with Christopher it would tidy things up and those inclined could debate to their hearts content
I get enough from the media and prophets who have no real idea of how this new venture will work in the long term, at my age it wont b e a big problem but I do feel sorry for generations to come.
I hope a section will ber created for those who need to ventilate here

MSS 4th July 2016 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scaramanga (Post 2324203)

The difference being that discussing photography and technology are likely to lead to cohesion within the membership whereas politics most certainly will not.

Political discussion IMO generally brings out the worst in people.