The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   How to install KODI on fire tv stick (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=259001)

smeegol 24th December 2016 21:11

How to install KODI on fire tv stick

I posted this on another thread so here is the full install method for kodi firestick.
First update the fire tv stick to the latest version.
Go to settings >about > check for updates and install.
go to settings and make sure both allow apps from unknown source and debugging is on.Also turn off collect data usage
Now you need to download an app called ES file explorer onto your stick.
Open ES and type in the following address in the search (browser) ...https://kodi.tv/download
It will open the kodi website and go to 16.1 jarvis.
click on the android > apk ARM or x86.
It will download kodi then click to install.
Once installed you may get an OBD error message when opened for the first time, but just close it and after a couple of attempts it will download and open.
Now to install wookie.
Go into kodi and highlight system. Under system there will be file manager...click on that.
Choose add source.
In the first column tyep in the following exactly.
http://wiz.wookiespmc.com then ok
in the name section type in wookie then ok.
press back until it goes back to system
Clcik on system and then scroll down to add ons, press enter
choose add from zip file ( enter)
choose wookie (enter)
click on succum to the wookie and wait until the screen shows installed . press close.
press back to main screen and head to videos section . under video will be video add ons ...click on this.
In red you will see wookie . click on this
a page will open with first option saying install wookie. You will have a few optional builds but the best is retro. highlight the build and press install ( to the right of it).
It will warn you about clean install and just press continue. it will download the package ( around 300MB) then install it. once installed to 100% it will need need to force close so the best way is to unplug the power lead from the stick.
once plugged back in and kodi is opened you will have the wookie installed. Wait a few minutes for it to update all the apps.
There are more apps under video addons
ENJOY

Coups 24th December 2016 22:07

Brilliant and simple to follow. I've marked this for next time I update ours. Thank you for taking the time to write this out in plain language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saxo1980 25th December 2016 03:29

well done lol i was going to do this few days ago and i thought i best not lol

HarryM1BYT 25th December 2016 11:29

Our Firestick came with KODI installed, but it took me a week to actually find it and work out how to run it :icon_redface:

I have since found the Kodi forum, but they seem not very helpful to newbies. :icon_rolleyes:

I am trying to find out if I can send items from Kobi to in some way record to HDD. Setup is a D-Link broadband modem/router/wifi AP, located in the loft where the phone line comes in. This is then connected via a wired LAN to a Netgear modem/router/wifi AP to provide ground floor coverage. The latter is one the Firestick normally connects to.

The D-Link can have a USB HDD connected to it and I have a 1Tb HDD plugged in, which I can access via the LAN from any PC on the LAN.

Kodi mentions PVR in its menu, but is there some way to have it record to the above network HDD please?

My other question, is there some way to get Kodi to show up in a more accessible place than it is presently deeply buried.

smeegol 25th December 2016 20:50

With the recent update of the fire tv stick, the kodi app now resides .on the appscreen or recently used instead of going into settings>apps>manage installed apps> kodi which used to be a pain.
The fire tv stick cnnot be connected to an external usb hard drive as the usb port is only for power , unlike the fire tv box which supports fat32 external hard drives.
If there is a way of transferring over wifi , i do not know of it although using ADBfire is the easier way of transferring apps directly to your fire tv stick.

Robti 29th December 2016 10:14

How do you d/l es file explorer ?

HarryM1BYT 29th December 2016 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robti (Post 2423024)
How do you d/l es file explorer ?

es file explorer is on one of the Firestick menus for installing. Just a click away. I installed it, but when streaming films via Kodi, it puts a small circular graphic on the right, about midway up, so I removed the app..

Avulon 29th December 2016 14:24

The OP is posting not only how to install Kodi which is a great piece of software for a HTPC. But also how to install an addon from an alternate source to bypass copyright and gain access to content without payment to the rights holders. What you are not told is that without securing and anonymising your connections that you are traceable to the rights holders who may come after you for copyright infringement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT (Post 2421497)
Our Firestick came with KODI installed, but it took me a week to actually find it and work out how to run it :icon_redface:

I have since found the Kodi forum, but they seem not very helpful to newbies. :icon_rolleyes:

Well, if your enquiries concerned how to 'record' copyrighted content obtained as a stream using third party plugins I'm not surprised. The genuine Kodi developers and community take an extremely dim view of that usage of the software they develop.
Save

HarryM1BYT 29th December 2016 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avulon (Post 2423103)
Well, if your enquiries concerned how to 'record' copyrighted content obtained as a stream using third party plugins I'm not surprised. The genuine Kodi developers and community take an extremely dim view of that usage of the software they develop.
Save

I was a bit more guarded than that :Ball:

Kennyeth 30th December 2016 13:36

"At the end of the day" these threads are discussing methods on how to "steal" something that they have no right to access.
I have made my views known on here before about this kind of dodging payment for something.
It seems that the mod`s are not bothered about this topic.
Ken.