The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New highway code rules and consultation (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306982)

macafee2 6th August 2020 08:14

New highway code rules and consultation

please get involved and refresh yourself with an upto date Highway code

see this consultation
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/review-of-the-highway-code-to-improve-road-safety-for-cyclists-pedestrians-and-horse-riders/summary-of-the-consultation-proposals-on-a-review-of-the-highway-code

macafee2

BoroRover 6th August 2020 12:16

Can't help smiling at the advice to cyclists to, "ring their bell or call out politely".

Now that will be the day !!:}:}

coolguy 6th August 2020 12:41

I read this waffle, and lost the will to live. Too long and woolly by far. Just like the virus instructions, this needs to be concise and clear - some hope.

mh007 6th August 2020 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy (Post 2829372)
I read this waffle, and lost the will to live. Too long and woolly by far. Just like the virus instructions, this needs to be concise and clear - some hope.

Couldn't agree more......all looks like waffle & I almost fell asleep trying to read it.

Whatever happened to good old fashioned plain English I wonder.

steve-45 6th August 2020 13:39

“Cyclists should look out and be prepared to stop for pedestrians “!

Like that’s ever going to happen - more like be prepared to yell abuse at pedestrians.

AndyN01 6th August 2020 16:19

I'm more than a little concerned about this one:

"....Rule H2: Rule for drivers, motorcyclists, horse riders and cyclists.....At a junction you should give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross a road into which (my highlighting) or from which you are turning...."

Erm...I'm happily driving along a road and want to turn off it. So now I have to be a mind reader and worry about having the vehicle behind colliding in to me when I leave my car out in the main road 'cus I'm giving way to a pedestrian.

Or am I missing something somewhere :shrug:.

I'm more for "Choices lead to consequences." If I chose to walk across a road when there's a vehicle turning into it then the consequences are down to me, not someone else trying to second guess what I'm going to do.

Andy.

bl52krz 6th August 2020 21:05

Not read it but, is there anything about ‘cyclists must stop at red traffic lights’ .And Where was the ‘cyclist’s must not ride up onto the pavement’. No?

Les4048 7th August 2020 04:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoroRover (Post 2829369)
Can't help smiling at the advice to cyclists to, "ring their bell or call out politely".

Now that will be the day !!:}:}

I do, and I slow down and give people a smile and a wave as I pass them

macafee2 7th August 2020 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyN01 (Post 2829396)
I'm more than a little concerned about this one:

"....Rule H2: Rule for drivers, motorcyclists, horse riders and cyclists.....At a junction you should give way to pedestrians crossing or waiting to cross a road into which (my highlighting) or from which you are turning...."

Erm...I'm happily driving along a road and want to turn off it. So now I have to be a mind reader and worry about having the vehicle behind colliding in to me when I leave my car out in the main road 'cus I'm giving way to a pedestrian.

Or am I missing something somewhere :shrug:.

I'm more for "Choices lead to consequences." If I chose to walk across a road when there's a vehicle turning into it then the consequences are down to me, not someone else trying to second guess what I'm going to do.

Andy.

got a feeling it is already give way to pedestrians crossing the road.
If you slow down enough before turning, the car behind will also slow, if you try to take the corner at "speed" they will follow at speed.

macafee2

macafee2 7th August 2020 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2829430)
Not read it but, is there anything about ‘cyclists must stop at red traffic lights’ .And Where was the ‘cyclist’s must not ride up onto the pavement’. No?

what does existing highway code say on these two points?

macafee2