The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Who remembers the Atlantic blue launch cars ? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295996)

Sonic ZS 23rd May 2019 21:59

Who remembers the Atlantic blue launch cars ?

I realised the other day that when 'launch cars' are mentioned, we always talk about the Wedgewood blue V6's Connoisseurs with the Neptune interior & loaded with all the extras.

Now, not everyone will know this, but there was also a second, lower spec example to show perspective customers...

Working at a main dealer (Dales at Redruth) when the 75 was launched, I'd forgotten but most garages were also given a 1.8 Club in Atlantic blue with Sandstone cloth interior. I don't remember it having any extras so was a standard spec car, designed to show what you could get if your budget wouldn't stretch to a more premium version :D

Do any of these examples still exist ? They would certainly be deemed less desirable than the full spec V6 launch cars, and possibly more will have been scrapped due to the common 4-cylinder head gasket failure.

They'd likely be on a T or V registration and could well have been initially registered to a dealer (as a demonstrator). Any remaining examples will certainly be low chassis numbers.

A very important piece of 75 history - do you own one....???

victorgte 23rd May 2019 22:11

One of my favourite colours and it was discontinued early in production which is a pity.
My Atlantic Blue was a full fat V6 but yes it would be good to find a Club spec one.
I missed out on an early 1.8 classic auto in silver. So basic it was a proper budget 75 but had charm with its obvious differences. That was 2 years ago and I hope it’s still going.

dave lincs 24th May 2019 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic ZS (Post 2735646)
I realised the other day that when 'launch cars' are mentioned, we always talk about the Wedgewood blue V6's Connoisseurs with the Neptune interior & loaded with all the extras.

Now, not everyone will know this, but there was also a second, lower spec example to show perspective customers...

Working at a main dealer (Dales at Redruth) when the 75 was launched, I'd forgotten but most garages were also given a 1.8 Club in Atlantic blue with Sandstone cloth interior. I don't remember it having any extras so was a standard spec car, designed to show what you could get if your budget wouldn't stretch to a more premium version :D

Do any of these examples still exist ? They would certainly be deemed less desirable than the full spec V6 launch cars, and possibly more will have been scrapped due to the common 4-cylinder head gasket failure.

They'd likely be on a T or V registration and could well have been initially registered to a dealer (as a demonstrator). Any remaining examples will certainly be low chassis numbers.

I know the spec you mean they are the forgotten launch car, they were 1.8 club models but fitted with front fog lights, headlamp washers, heated front seats, electric rear blind and volume alarm, these spec cars were all atlantic blue and most dealers taxed them as there demo due to being a lot cheaper, a friend of mine still has his 1.8 club launch car

Stephen Fussell 24th May 2019 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic ZS (Post 2735646)

I certainly do remember them. Our dealer principal went to London in it for this father to receive an award from the Palace. Sadly, it broke down on the M4.

trikey 24th May 2019 10:24

Here’s one from the ‘every location of an ecu’ thread!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0b60d94c70.jpg

maxi_crawf 24th May 2019 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2735704)

Golly, I see the Triffid got to it first.

clf 24th May 2019 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi_crawf (Post 2735838)
Golly, I see the Triffid got to it first.

no, that is an early car, real wood an' all that :p:

Reebs 25th May 2019 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave lincs (Post 2735685)
I know the spec you mean they are the forgotten launch car, they were 1.8 club models but fitted with front fog lights, headlamp washers, heated front seats, electric rear blind and volume alarm, these spec cars were all atlantic blue and most dealers taxed them as there demo due to being a lot cheaper, a friend of mine still has his 1.8 club launch car

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2735704)

Did they have those specs? The car pictured does have front fogs or headlamp washers that I can see?

I thought they had regular Club or Club SE spec :shrug:

WillyHeckaslike 25th May 2019 10:46

Surprised to see what is a cream-coloured coolant expansion tank on an early T reg car, assuming it is an oem fit that is. My low spec W reg 1.8 has a black tank which I thought was standard fit for all of the early cars.

littleun 25th May 2019 14:47

One for sale near me W reg 12 mot £895....;)