The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   NAC & SAIC (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   6 month wait for my GS (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=250633)

deanp 5th August 2016 10:36

6 month wait for my GS

Hi all,

Long time absence since I sold my ZT back in 2011.

Was excited to return to the MG marque with the GS when I ordered one on 18th June.

Was given the line of 6-8 weeks, then pushed to Sept, then the dealer calls yesterday to tell me it will be December!

I ordered an Exclusive Manual in Orange with black leather as the baby wagon for our first child due end of Sept.

Interestingly the dealer said I could have Mocha or Silver with black leather in Sept, or if I wanted Orange with black leather for Sept it would have to be an auto! Otherwise I'll have to wait to Dec.

Dealer offered to refund deposit or sell me a Suzuki or Mazda instead....

Very disappointing and trying to get it unlocked via my friends in SAIC.

Will keep you posted

PS. GS is for the missus, in the coming months I'm hoping to sell the S-TYPE or one of the Ginettas and pick up a ZT260

basil 5th August 2016 14:43

Mg gs automatic

Dean.Brown & Gammons,Baldock have a Black AUTO if you want it? I've got a White Auto from them,Superb.

deanp 6th August 2016 15:04

Hi Basil,

Thanks the heads up.

To be brutally honest it is the first brand new car I've bought, and frankly I want the exact spec I ordered.

It is mainly the disappointment of being told 6 weeks then it stretching to 6 months from point of order. If they said 6 months straight up it would have managed my expectations.

How are you finding the car? Any bug bears or annoyances? The only thing I caught on the test drive was the noisy electric park brake which I put down to possibly being an early car / reworked proto. That aside I was very impressed.

Christopher Price 6th August 2016 21:13

Have to say that IF I was looking for one on these "cross over" thingies, I'd be looking at a Ssangyong Tivoli with a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty.

basil 8th August 2016 06:14

My GS

Hi.YES,Nice Car.You get a 5 Year Warranty,mines Auto,Handbrake you get used to - NO CD Holder,but now you Apparently DOWNLOAD everything,cos there's a connection in Centre Glove Compartment.My friend has got one - thinks it's "The Cats Whiskers".Get your Money out.

willshot 8th August 2016 10:13

There was a new silver GS at MG Harrogate yesterday. It looked well specced and was a nice looking car IMHO. I had to wait 267 days for my Focus RS, almost forgot I'd ordered one. :eek:

deanp 9th August 2016 14:54

Hi gents,

Good news to report that MG will be delivering my GS to my exact specification for mid September.

Very happy and look forward to receiving it. :}

Blackrose 9th August 2016 22:34

Mid September 2017.

basil 10th August 2016 07:16

Mg gs

Well done,Dean.You'll Enjoy it.