The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   R75 cdt Pedal travel (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=291354)

gadget1960 27th December 2018 18:14

R75 cdt Pedal travel

Bit of a pointless post but Is it my imagination or just my car, does the R75 CDT accelerator pedal have THE longest amount of travel of any known vehicle?
Never had a car with such a long pedal travel, not a gripe or a moan ... just an observation really.

marinabrian 27th December 2018 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget1960 (Post 2697520)
Bit of a pointless post but Is it my imagination or just my car, does the R75 CDT accelerator pedal have THE longest amount of travel of any known vehicle?
Never had a car with such a long pedal travel, not a gripe or a moan ... just an observation really.

It's "fly by wire" and the throttle demand pedal is a thick film resistor screen printed onto a PCB and has a series of wipers arranged as a dual potentiometer.

Pull your seat a little closer to the pedals :icon_lol:

Brian :xmas-smiley-040:

gadget1960 27th December 2018 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2697528)
It's "fly by wire" and the throttle demand pedal is a thick film resistor screen printed onto a PCB and has a series of wipers arranged as a dual potentiometer.

Pull your seat a little closer to the pedals :icon_lol:

Brian :xmas-smiley-040:

Hahaha :icon_lol: ... thought it might be something like that, as said... not a complaint, more of an observation, never had a car like it and some other cars I've had are almost like rally style pedal travel.
Cheers Brian.

COLVERT 27th December 2018 19:28

Specially designed to keep the circulation in your leg going on long journeys.--:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:--Lots of exercise.

gadget1960 28th December 2018 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2697539)
Specially designed to keep the circulation in your leg going on long journeys.--:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:--Lots of exercise.

haha .. slowly getting used to it now, when I first picked it up I thought the throttle had nothing to do with forward motion what so ever!

Comfortably Numb 28th December 2018 21:41

Even when you've got used to it, and moved your seat forward, in standard 114BHP form, the CDT has less mph/inch of pedal travel than most cars. A 160 bhp T4 retune should provide the required adjustment, although I am still using the pedal for maintaining ankle flexibility.

GeoffWW 30th December 2018 14:53

No throttle response

I fear the other's above are having a bit of fun. As Marinabrian says, the wire tangs on the brushes Marinabrian mentions inside the small box on the pivot end of the throttle or the tracks the bristles touch are worn out/ or a combination of both after a high mileage.

You need a new one from Rimmers part number LR027140, £46.34 including vat. available 2-3 working days from their supplier.