The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Hi-line problems (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=176286)

johnnybbad 10th March 2014 17:35

Hi-line problems

Hi all

Bought a zt off a fellow member from here, came bundled with a hi-line unit but have been told that the radio receiver has had a dunking and is no good ( took it out and main power area on unit is pretty much melted )

The unit automatically powers on when you switch on ignition, and you cannot switch it off on rotary control

Satnav and tv menus come up on screen, but no radio / cd menus, and no sound can be heard

Is this due to the radio receiver being fried ? do all the main cd / radio functions go through this unit ?

Someone is selling one on here so just trying to make sure it will solve the problem before purchasing

Thanks John

STUBIE 10th March 2014 17:41

Yes the radio unit the the amp sort of where the sound comes from, so yes I would say the unit is a goner.

Stubs

bigbird 9th April 2014 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnybbad (Post 1603410)
Hi all

Bought a zt off a fellow member from here, came bundled with a hi-line unit but have been told that the radio receiver has had a dunking and is no good ( took it out and main power area on unit is pretty much melted )

The unit automatically powers on when you switch on ignition, and you cannot switch it off on rotary control

Satnav and tv menus come up on screen, but no radio / cd menus, and no sound can be heard

Is this due to the radio receiver being fried ? do all the main cd / radio functions go through this unit ?

Someone is selling one on here so just trying to make sure it will solve the problem before purchasing

Thanks John

Please tell me this isnt the unit i just bought off you

johnnybbad 9th April 2014 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbird (Post 1635258)
Please tell me this isnt the unit i just bought off you

I bought a replacement radio unit off stubie as that was the problem

The complete set up I have just sold to you is fully working

bigbird 10th April 2014 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnybbad (Post 1635348)
I bought a replacement radio unit off stubie as that was the problem

The complete set up I have just sold to you is fully working

Can i just say what a true gent this fella is not only did i buy a fully working system but he also phoned me and gave me fitting instructions :bowdown::bowdown::D

johnnybbad 11th April 2014 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbird (Post 1636086)
Can i just say what a true gent this fella is not only did i buy a fully working system but he also phoned me and gave me fitting instructions :bowdown::bowdown::D

Glad to help out Graham

Rob65 2nd May 2014 15:16

Hi all
New to the club & new to 75's !
Same sort of problem with my high line too!

Satnav and tv menus come up on screen, but no radio / cd menus, and no sound can be heard.
The cd auto changer in glove box has power, and whirs when the cd cassette is inserted, but no sound at all from speakers.
Reading these threads, I'm guessing the radio unit in the boot is kaput?
Where can I get a replacement at decent money? If I fit a new boot unit, will the radio/cd work ok ? ( I'm bored of singing to myself!)

Any advice/assistance greatly received

Regards
Rob

Simondi 2nd May 2014 15:18

You have a pm