The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What's your car's most annoying niggle ? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=256128)

Mogodon 5th November 2016 10:32

What's your car's most annoying niggle ?

In my ZT the niggle that really gets on my nerves is that the Kenwood head unit has no night illumination when tuned off.

Trying to find the on button in the dark can be a pain.

7T5 5th November 2016 10:53

My drivers door not opening off the key fob. I have a new motor thing to fit but can't face fitting it as it was such a hassle getting it off the scrap car it must be worse taking one out and putting one back in.

gazcaz 5th November 2016 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogodon (Post 2392927)
In my ZT the niggle that really gets on my nerves is that the Kenwood head unit has no night illumination when tuned off.

Trying to find the on button in the dark can be a pain.

Wire to the plus 12v ignition so when ignition is on it will light up :D

gazcaz 5th November 2016 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7T5 (Post 2392942)
My drivers door not opening off the key fob. I have a new motor thing to fit but can't face fitting it as it was such a hassle getting it off the scrap car it must be worse taking one out and putting one back in.

No its not bad to do at all plenty of good step by step on here....

Kiltman 5th November 2016 11:03

I have a few (but still love it)!
The width of the A pillar at Junctions / roundabouts.
The reflection of the clock in the windscreen at night
The fragility of the carpet finisher clips.

Neil1 5th November 2016 11:14

Getting in and out of the ZT, I sort of fall in as it's low.

But once in I'm happy as a pig in muck! :D

ajhflyer 5th November 2016 11:19

intermittent leak into CD unit compartment on offside of tailgate area. It can rain hard and no leak, it can shower and no leak and then with a period of light rain it fills up. I have done everything I can think of and now manage it by regular inspection and drying out.

J1MBO 5th November 2016 11:21

The fact the only car I have use of is not a 75 or a ZT........:duh:

7T5 5th November 2016 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajhflyer (Post 2392956)
intermittent leak into CD unit compartment on offside of tailgate area. It can rain hard and no leak, it can shower and no leak and then with a period of light rain it fills up. I have done everything I can think of and now manage it by regular inspection and drying out.

Mine was the same, have a look at the seam sealer from the hinge area up to the bottom of the screen. Mine must have had a small hole here and since i fixed it boot has been dry.

Heddy 5th November 2016 11:38

Easy one, the heated rear screen coming on below 10 degrees whether it's necessary or not:duh: