The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Printing a thread (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=284778)

operamagorum 17th June 2018 08:37

Printing a thread

Hi all
How do I print off a thread? I need one to show to my upholsterer.
Many thanks
Geoff

stevestrat 17th June 2018 09:03

If you look just above your posting you'll see "Thread Tools". Click on that you'll see "Show Printable Version", click on that. Brings up a printable version (obviously!) of the thread but it doesn't include any pictures in the thread, only links, you need to print any pictures individually.

Dorset Bob 17th June 2018 14:37

What I have done in the past, when I wanted a printed "How To," is to copy and paste into Word.
That will also bring in the images, and then you can edit in Word and, if you want, export as a pdf.

I sounds a bit of a faff, but doesn't take that long.
Any other word processing package would do. :}

slovcan 17th June 2018 16:07

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorset Bob (Post 2640974)
What I have done in the past, when I wanted a printed "How To," is to copy and paste into Word.
That will also bring in the images, and then you can edit in Word and, if you want, export as a pdf.

I sounds a bit of a faff, but doesn't take that long.
Any other word processing package would do. :}

I do this, too. Sometimes I will push the Print Screen (PrtSc) button to copy what is showing on the screen and paste it into a picture program (I use IrfanView) and crop it to keep what I want and save as a .jpg. Again, it sounds a bit involved, but it isn't bad at all.

Atlan 17th June 2018 20:27

Press control+shift+p A print dialog box will pop up and then select your destination i.e. printer or pdf etc. All pictures included. Hope this helps.

Terryf 18th June 2018 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlan (Post 2641084)
Press control+shift+p A print dialog box will pop up and then select your destination i.e. printer or pdf etc. All pictures included. Hope this helps.

Not on my windows 10 PC it doesn't, it brings up something about private browsing. :eek:

operamagorum 18th June 2018 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terryf (Post 2641208)
Not on my windows 10 PC it doesn't, it brings up something about private browsing. :eek:

Same here. I ended up doing a copy and paste as recommended by Dorset Bob (above). Works fine. Geoff

uk_dave&gill 18th June 2018 13:13

CTRL+P is the standard Windows print shortcut

Atlan 18th June 2018 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terryf (Post 2641208)

Control+shift+n opens an incognito tab for private browsing.
(It does on my win10 pc using chrome)

stevestrat 18th June 2018 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlan (Post 2641084)

Learn something every day!