The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Key. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=230507)

Graham1961 13th November 2015 18:31

New Key.

Hi all.

On my key fob the wee button for unlocking has holed and has now broken away altogether (can see the wee pin underneath) still works though.

Now can i just replace the black plastic body and swap the internals over...or is it a new key ?

Pistonbroke666 13th November 2015 18:34

Yup - I literally did this job on mine today except it was the locking button.
Two minute job to swap over to a new fob.

stevestrat 13th November 2015 18:35

Don't forget the transponder!

Graham1961 13th November 2015 19:42

Update...took my key and separated the body and removed the circuit board, now the damaged part, that is the side where the lock/unlock buttons are is the side with the 'key' moulded into it, any idea how to remove the key blade or is there a 'patch' you can insert to cover the hole.

Been looking on E-Bay and found several key fobs/shells so that's not an issue, just how to remove the key blade from the damaged half of the fob.

Stickman 13th November 2015 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAHAM1961 (Post 2142591)
Update...took my key and separated the body and removed the circuit board, now the damaged part, that is the side where the lock/unlock buttons are is the side with the 'key' moulded into it, any idea how to remove the key blade or is there a 'patch' you can insert to cover the hole.

Been looking on E-Bay and found several key fobs/shells so that's not an issue, just how to remove the key blade from the damaged half of the fob.

Grip the blade with some pliers (wrap a rag round the blade first)
A sharp tug should release the blade :D
Regards
Chris

chipsceola 13th November 2015 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRAHAM1961 (Post 2142591)

here you go with pictures

marinabrian 14th November 2015 00:11

I tell you what Graham, post it to me and I shall refurbish it completely free of charge.

For some reason I seem to have a lot of new key cases :getmecoat:

Brian :D

Graham1961 14th November 2015 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2142806)
I tell you what Graham, post it to me and I shall refurbish it completely free of charge.

For some reason I seem to have a lot of new key cases :getmecoat:

Brian :D

What a fantastic gesture Brian..:bowdown:

That would be very nice..thanks very much.

Just need your address..:}