The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Project Drive - Illustrated (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34369)

SkunkMunkey3000 13th December 2016 19:53

Boo, if my car came of the production line 18 cars earlier I would have got the ATC instead of the manual air conditioning :mad:

ALBLOHE 21st April 2018 06:22

I have a late mark 2 75 (dec2004) and i noticed that they removed the ceiling nuts where you screw the bars for the roof rack... making thus impossible to mount it... funny thing is that the car still has the plastic covers for the holes

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Jules 21st April 2018 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBLOHE (Post 2621832)
I have a late mark 2 75 (dec2004) and i noticed that they removed the ceiling nuts where you screw the bars for the roof rack... making thus impossible to mount it... funny thing is that the car still has the plastic covers for the holes

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Incorrect!!

If you look again there are caps in the the threads which look like pop rivets. (there to stop threads corroding)

These prize out revealing a nice clean thread 😉

Bolin 22nd September 2018 20:01

On diesels, the lower engine tie bar heat shield and steering rack heat shield were both deleted.

On rear door cards, the screw in the upper rear corner was deleted and the fir tree clip EKM100270 (again in the rear upper corner) I think was replaced with a standard clip like the others holding the door card (makes changing the door card easier!).IGNORE!

These changes occurred by 9th October 2002 but not in the Drive Bulletins or shown in the parts list.

Jules 22nd September 2018 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolin (Post 2671473)
On diesels, the lower engine tie bar heat shield and steering rack heat shield were both deleted.

On rear door cards, the screw in the upper rear corner was deleted and the fir tree clip EKM100270 (again in the rear upper corner) I think was replaced with a standard clip like the others holding the door card (makes changing the door card easier!).

These changes occurred by 9th October 2002 but not in the Drive Bulletins or shown in the parts list.

News to me!
I've worked on S reg to 2006 reg and only ever seen fir tree clip in top corner 😉

Bolin 22nd September 2018 22:21

Hmm, I was sure this rear door card had never been disturbed before.

I'll report back when I've done the other ear door card and see what that side has fitted.

Mickyboy 22nd September 2018 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules (Post 2671476)
News to me!
I've worked on S reg to 2006 reg and only ever seen fir tree clip in top corner 😉

Your correct mate, I’ve stripped loads down and it’s always a fir tree in the top corner, anything else fitted is just a mistake due to things like door solenoid changes and replacing with what they thought was correct I guess, as fir tree clips are single use
Mick

Bolin 22nd September 2018 22:31

Oh well, I'm not taking it off again and I don't have a spare fir tree clip anyway :getmecoat:

The screw was definitely deleted, no hole in the later door card or door.IGNORE!

Bolin 6th October 2018 16:16

Yep, you are right guys, having looked at my other car and the dates of the rear door trims it appears that there was always just the fir tree in the upper rear corner and no screw from the factory. Sorry, I should have checked more thoroughly before posting.

The heat shields being deleted I am sure is correct.

trikey 6th October 2018 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickyboy (Post 2671504)
Your correct mate, I’ve stripped loads down and it’s always a fir tree in the top corner, anything else fitted is just a mistake due to things like door solenoid changes and replacing with what they thought was correct I guess, as fir tree clips are single use
Mick

The other type are used because Rimmers want £3 each for a genuine fir tree clip ;)