The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Project Drive - Illustrated (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34369)

M3NDEREZ 8th March 2009 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 295261)
On the downside, it's a constant reminder of how many features are missing from my '75. I'm slowly getting them all (or most) put back though. :D

Definately an interesting read, good job.

Totally agree though, Cliff.. The Bracknell meet last weekend really opened my eyes to quite how much I was missing! I don't really think there were definitive changeover dates though, as mine's a mid 2002 Connie, and while it has some of the deletions (none embossed headrests, and rubbish boot trim) it still has the original mirrors, and the extra piping on the seats! Who knows?! :shrug:

scgfull 8th March 2009 11:25

Thanks REEBS good work - now I know exactly what I am missing!:mad:

Christopher 8th March 2009 11:50

Very nice work indeed Reebs - I didn't know about a few of those deletions (I'll need to go and take a look at R70 now!! :D)

Reebs 8th March 2009 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NDEREZ (Post 295270)
Definately an interesting read, good job.

Totally agree though, Cliff.. The Bracknell meet last weekend really opened my eyes to quite how much I was missing! I don't really think there were definitive changeover dates though, as mine's a mid 2002 Connie, and while it has some of the deletions (none embossed headrests, and rubbish boot trim) it still has the original mirrors, and the extra piping on the seats! Who knows?! :shrug:

The dates of changeover are direct quotes from the Project Drive Bulletins issued from MG Rover to the dealerships, as contained in RAVE.

Looking at your car, as the door mirrors didn't change until 6th May 2002, it's quite conceivable that yours had had the old ones fitted May time, but again was not complete and off the production line 'til a little later. Have a look at your VIN number and see whether it falls before 255987 that might give a clearer indication of the situation.

As for the second layer of piping on the seats, I looked very hard to find info on this, but nothing is listed, what's more interesting, is that although some cars were affected, later cars were not (i.e) the piping went, but came back again? - this makes me think it's not a project drive cut back, but more a design mistake, or change of supplier issue :shrug:

Piping thread here for those interested :smilie_re: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=33646

Reebs 8th March 2009 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duotone (Post 295222)
I factory ordered a Connoisseur SE on the 29.9.2001 and it was delivered to the dealer on the 28.10.2001.

It was fitted with the plastic wood dashboard.
No drivers grab handle.
No FBH.
Boot badge on plinth.
No rear badge on D post.
Stick on refelectors on doors.
No Rover badge on key fob.
Covers fitted to seat belt bolts.
Fitted with rear lamp access panels.

Dave T

Firstly, very interesting that it only took a month from order to delivery, I had always wondered how long it would take.

regarding your list:
It was fitted with the plastic wood dashboard. :shrug: Not changed til VIN number 238547 according to the EPC
No drivers grab handle. :shrug: Not deleted til 4th March 02
No FBH. :shrug: Not deleted til 2nd Sept 02
Boot badge on plinth.:) O.K that fits
No rear badge on D post.:) O.K that fits
Stick on refelectors on doors.:) O.K that fits
No Rover badge on key fob.:) Good - gives me a steer on when that was
Covers fitted to seat belt bolts. :shrug:already deleted by 4th May 01
Fitted with rear lamp access panels. :)O.K that fits, not changed til 14th Nov 01

Do you still have the last part of the VIN number of the Vehicle? - check it against the change points.

Kandyman 8th March 2009 12:48

Great works Mr Reebs,

We already had a list over here http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...6&postcount=19 but your is so much better with added detail information and easer to understand with the pictures.

Duotone 8th March 2009 13:21

Hi Reebs.

When I wanted to order the the car from JCT 600, a Connoisseur SE diesel auto in BRG, they checked all the MG Rover dealers in Britain but non was available, only Copperleaf Red and Royal Blue.
So it had to be a factory order, and yes it took four weeks.

The vin. no 232210

Dave T

RayC333 8th March 2009 16:17

Reebs, very informative :bowdown:

For info, whilst retrofitting a CD changer and heated washer jets I found that the connectors described for this purpose were not there.

Additionally cable VUL100310 was not fitted to the harmony head unit, instead there being a harness coming straight off the main loom located toward the bulkhead.

Do you have evidence or suspect these were removed at change point 47 in your list?.

a) For the heated jets, this required me to splice into the heated mirror wires (wire from fusebox was also deleted).

b) For the CD changer, this required plugging the main harness directly into a replacement link cable VUL100310 (as opposed to a deleted connector originally situated to the rear of the console, adjacent the ashtray).

Ray (vin 308424)

bluey9 8th March 2009 17:12

Excellent post.

I have a question. When talking about the real wood dash, which picture is the real wood, top or bottom? If mine is real wood, then I'm surprised. I don't think it looks or feels like the real deal.

Cheers
Bluey

Kandyman 8th March 2009 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluey9 (Post 295360)
Excellent post.

I have a question. When talking about the real wood dash, which picture is the real wood, top or bottom? If mine is real wood, then I'm surprised. I don't think it looks or feels like the real deal.

Cheers
Bluey

Real wood is the top picture.