The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Project Drive - Illustrated (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34369)

pab 15th May 2010 07:15

i noticed a while ago that the early arm rest was leather,but they tend to wear a bit on the seems..the vinyl is a bit more hard wearing.

another thing that was deleted was the strap to pull down the rear centre arm rest.

rossocorsa 15th May 2010 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 523938)
i noticed a while ago that the early arm rest was leather,but they tend to wear a bit on the seems..the vinyl is a bit more hard wearing.

another thing that was deleted was the strap to pull down the rear centre arm rest.

and that the rear armrest is vinyl!!

pab 15th May 2010 07:29

actually mine is leather,and when separated from the inner lid removing the screws it is initialed by the trimmer;)

rossocorsa 15th May 2010 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 523948)
actually mine is leather,and when separated from the inner lid removing the screws it is initialed by the trimmer;)

i presume you must have monogram leather ? mine is the normal black leather and is defintely vinyl as is most of the back seat aside from the panels you sit on

pab 15th May 2010 07:39

no......just single piped project drive ash grey(black)leather.

heated memory,SE spec.

rossocorsa 15th May 2010 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 523956)
no......just single piped project drive ash grey(black)leather.

heated memory,SE spec.

must be a ZT thing then obviously they still trimmed the Rovers properly but reckoned that ZT owners could slum it!!

Jules 15th May 2010 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by pab (Post 523938)

Yes agree the Vinyl/Leatherette does stand up to wear & tear for longer, before looking worn & shiny!
I lean on mine while driving most of the time.
I think you will be hard pushed to find tidy looking leather rests in the scrappers.

pab 15th May 2010 10:08

i salvaged a leather arm rest,not in bad condition and once fitted i decided against it..looked shabby.

the vinyl version are a good comparison to leather really.

Alan.F 11th August 2010 20:39

very informative this and it looks like my Tourer is a mix of both pre and post project drive

Paulifa1 21st September 2010 16:23

How interesting!

I recently discovered that my 20th of December 2002 registered Connie. was actually built on the 8th of January 2001. This fact had depressed me a little until I read about project drive, as it seems I've missed out on all the deletions I'd have had had the build been nearer to the registration date :D

Paul