The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   V8 on e-bay £5,500, or offers (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304506)

YorksMG2013 30th April 2020 15:33

v8 on eBay

Glad you took a punt (and that it's in decent condition!)
Must meet up sometime post-corona as we're quite local

Andrew

BigBen 30th April 2020 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_rouser (Post 2809549)
Hi David, I must confess 'twas me, took a punt and bagged it, soon to be on my drive.

Close inspection the car has been very well looked after. The guy seems pretty genuine, is a mechanic and knows his stuff, and I am by no means easily fooled.

He has had a lot of work done since purchase, some one before his time had stolen the chrome bezel !! He found a replacement but it was a poor copy from china and did not fit, huge gap all round, found an MGR replacement but has got the wrong badge on, I am on the hunt for a proper badge. No question he has put a fair amount of dosh into this car.

To be fair, the body work is absolutely spot on, bodywork very straight. The previous owner had one of those disabled steering knobs and knacked the trim on the steering wheel, other than that it is very tidy, very tidy indeed.
Sounds lovely :D:D drives awesome :D

Great news, Mac :cool:

Hope you enjoy it, and look forward to seeing you with it at some meets in the future :driving:

Les4048 30th April 2020 18:19

Rob, there’s a good friend of mine on Facebook who could perhaps help with a badge for your car, his name is Byron Ewart Rowson and he’s in a few of the Rover MG groups

DeeJ 30th April 2020 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les4048 (Post 2809573)
Rob, there’s a good friend of mine on Facebook who could perhaps help with a badge for your car, his name is Byron Ewart Rowson and he’s in a few of the Rover MG groups

as Les says, Byron may well be able to help. He certainly had them, with or without the chrome plinth, until quite recently. Bearing in mind that you have a bit of a mixture there on your upper grill, I would send a photo and see to what extent he can get it up to original appearance (grill mesh, vertical badge panel etc.). Best to contact him by FB Messenger to "Byron Ewart Rowson", in my experience.

Congratulations on getting the car, Mac!

David

Mac_rouser 30th April 2020 19:00

Cheers one and all, can't wait to get it on the drive, must say I was nicely surprised it was so straight, and with all the work the guy has done, proper work, with care not shoddy at all. Dam he is so out of pocket right now.
I have had so many variants of the Rover 75 always fancied a V8 had several V8's in other cars, including an ex-police van, now that flew and boy was it loud.

I do like the unimposing look of the 75 not shouting it is a V8, so the grill badge will be off in no time. I don't mind it is an MGR bumper, but I will be following up contacting Byron for a proper badge. Thank you David and Les for the heads up.

However, I am still looking for a V8 Tourer :) :) Ben :) :)

Mac_rouser 30th April 2020 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorgte (Post 2809371)
Pity. I was looking at using my redundancy on something special. Even a project would be nice.

Hi Victor I was born down your neck of the woods, South Cerney. I am down on occasions headed to Winchester, sometimes I take the M5 and drop down to Tidworth.

DeeJ 30th April 2020 19:35

You have a PM, Mac,

David.

marinabrian 2nd May 2020 12:21

Trikey has the proper badges, which are shared with the Rover 25 Streetwise BTW ;)

Brian :D

ryszard 2nd May 2020 12:51

Congratulation on your new toy,had it not been for this stay at home I would have gone to look at it myself.Keep us up to date.Regards Ryszard....

Mac_rouser 2nd May 2020 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryszard (Post 2809976)
Congratulation on your new toy,had it not been for this stay at home I would have gone to look at it myself.Keep us up to date.Regards Ryszard....

Cheers Ryszard I visit Roade, Northampton every once in a while, nice neck of the woods. Cheers Ian aka Mac