The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   sitting in the caravan (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=288994)

macafee2 10th October 2018 19:47

sitting in the caravan

When not on holiday, do any of you sado's (I say this nicely) ever sit in your caravan and sort of feel you are holiday?

Sorting the caravan out today I just sat down in it and felt as if I were in a green field somewhere. So relaxing.

I can see once my wife retires, we will go away for more 3 week holidays.

macafee2

Dawn 10th October 2018 19:55

I used to when it was stored at home. I've sited it seasonal now though. Moved it abput six weeks ago up Derbyshire and its fantastic. A real community and company which I dont have a lot of at home! I even have a garden.

CimmaronG 10th October 2018 19:59

No never:D:D:D:D:D

Jim Jamieson 10th October 2018 21:15

Yes quite often for especially with the grand children, they just love it.
Unfortunately we haven’t managed back out much since our trip to Ludlow earlier this summer due to other commitments, mainly the missus’s coffee meetings :eek:

squire 10th October 2018 21:24

Yes, I'm just as sad. Just love sitting in the caravan and daydreaming and having lived in a park home for 20 years before moving to the West Midlands I love the sound of rain on the roof, totally relaxed me :shrug:. Perhaps I need help, lol.

RPWC 11th October 2018 07:22

If I’m working at the farm where I keep it, and it’s around lunchtime, I will go and sit in it and have my dinner. It lets some air circulate through it anyway.

Darcydog 12th October 2018 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 2676207)
I used to when it was stored at home. I've sited it seasonal now though. Moved it abput six weeks ago up Derbyshire and its fantastic. A real community and company which I dont have a lot of at home! I even have a garden.

We did that! Because we were caring for my sick Mother in Law (we did this for nearly 15 years) holidays were not really possible - so we toured with a cvan to start and then put it on a seasonal pitch.

The best thing we could have possibly have done!! As you say - a community and a social life with friends. The site was just an hour away and so we could get back easily if we needed to.

But to have the caravan set up so we could just walk in, fire it up and relax was a joy we could never have achieved via touring. It allowed us to be spontaneous within the restrictions of looking after a disabled relative

G.F 2nd December 2018 09:16

I've spent the odd night in mine on the drive!
I love it!

macafee2 2nd December 2018 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by squire (Post 2676246)
Yes, I'm just as sad. Just love sitting in the caravan and daydreaming and having lived in a park home for 20 years before moving to the West Midlands I love the sound of rain on the roof, totally relaxed me :shrug:. Perhaps I need help, lol.

rain of the roof, I find that a worry in case there is a leak. seems vans often suffer from damp, ours has ever since it was new

macafee2

LeRich 2nd December 2018 22:14

Up until it was sold, we had use of the in-laws' motorhome, which also doubled as a spare bedroom when parked up on the drive.

Lying in bed in the motorhome with the blinds drawn, you could be literally anywhere, so we would imagine ourselves somewhere else.