The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Courier suggestions (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=327604)

Schotten 10th April 2024 08:15

Courier suggestions

Not really a technical question, but has anyone used or can suggest a reasonably priced courier to collect a 75 front subframe from the Birmingham area and deliver to Edinburgh? Looks like a quarter pallet is the size and well within weight limit- I’m getting quoted silly prices (well they sound that to me!!) and I need to provide my own pallet to boot!

xsport 10th April 2024 11:19

I shipped one out to a friend some time ago. Without a pallet no problem. They are not heavy just awkward to carry. If you use a euro pallet ,it will still hang over the sides and will be classed as a full gkn size pallet. I bought a roll of bubble wrap (cheap on ebay) and used that with a brown sticky tape roll ,again from ebay. Evri will be your best best , if not palletised , use a tracked/recorded service , or failing that royal mail tracked. You may be able to get a cheaper service from a haulier up north , but shop around ,and ask a few scots on here if they know of an alternative. If its wrapped up like a mummy it will be fine !!

jackgilroy 10th April 2024 11:42

No chance of using evri, front sub frame is way over there size limits and probably weight.

Parcelforce may take it, if you measure the dimensions you can get a quote on their website.

How much have you been quoted?

Schotten 10th April 2024 12:25

Thanks for that! Evri has a weight limit if 15kgs, a sub frame must weigh more than that!!??

Lagetha 10th April 2024 12:29

Subframe: Birmingham to Edinburgh

Have we no Scottish members going to Gaydon this weekend? Try the Pony Express Thread...?

Sorry just noticed it should be Birmingham to Glasgow...

AndyN01 10th April 2024 12:41

I've recently had a few deliveries from APC - based in Cannock - which have been really good.

No idea if they can/will suit as I was receiving not sending but was impressed by their service.

Good luck with it.

Andy.

xsport 10th April 2024 12:48

I dont think it is heavier than that. They are hollow and not that heavy. When i sent one i used DPD . They collected and delivered ok ,but i dont think they cover all uk areas ,and tend to deliver/collect locally. The costs of delivery these days are spiraling. Its a shame that you cannot find someone on here who is travelling on the website as suggested. The couriers are all on the bandwagon ripping off ,like all the other businesses.

Schotten 10th April 2024 12:52

I have to get a pallet, then make sure it’s securely attached, tail lift both ends. Pushing £180+ - could hire a van and collect it myself for less!! Anyone got an idea of weight? I’ve been told they’re 50kgs + , seems a bit heavy?

xsport 10th April 2024 13:05

Have you got a set of bathroom scales or similar,that are ok ? 33 LBS is a lot of weight (15 kg)

xsport 10th April 2024 13:13

The weight you have been told probably includes both arms and fittings. The subframe itself should be ok .