The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New Top Gear (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=240133)

RJ303 18th March 2016 20:20

New Top Gear

So who will be watching? I may have a look at the first episode out oforbud curiosity but I think I won't be inclined to tune in second time. It seems like the BBC didn't have a clue what to do with the show so threw everything they could think of at it. I for one cannot abide Chris Evans so that's a huge turn off right there but then to include a lots of "have beens- that never was" why Matt LeBlanc? His criteria for a job offer were fastest celebrity lap and he's a car fan but does that make you a car critic? I don't think so, it seems like it will be an extremely poor follow up to what preceded it.

suzublu 18th March 2016 20:22

Moved to Social. Doomed to failure imo, even the Producer left after a few weeks, seems she saw the future:cool:

Alikris 18th March 2016 20:24

I gave up watching years ago when it ceased to be a proper car show and ended up being a self-promotion device for testosterone overdosing narcissistic 'celebrities'.

I don't have a TV, I don't watch TV, and I don't feel I'm missing anything.

Ali.

Colin P 18th March 2016 21:06

It wont be the same without clarkson and co. but i,ll watch the first episode just out of curiosity really. Im more excited by the start of the F1 season this weekend COME ON LEWIS DO IT AGAIN SON.......

stevestrat 18th March 2016 21:09

It managed something the old Top Gear didn't, got people's back up before it was even broadcast!

mininuts 18th March 2016 21:13

I shall watch with interest. I quite like Evans and his wit, for me he's a lot less annoying than Clarkson had got. I'm afraid Jezza had turned into a bit of a gobshite :o

suzublu 18th March 2016 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by mininuts (Post 2244597)
I shall watch with interest. I quite like Evans and his wit, for me he's a lot less annoying than Clarkson had got. I'm afraid Jezza had turned into a bit of a gobshite :o

I think the word you're looking for is "Pastiche";):D

spyder 18th March 2016 21:23

I will watch the first few and make my mind up from there. Always enjoyed it as entertainment. A car show? not quite sure about that.

Time will tell and we shall all vote with our remotes. ;)

Number 6 18th March 2016 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alikris (Post 2244518)
I gave up watching years ago when it ceased to be a proper car show and ended up being a self-promotion device for testosterone overdosing narcissistic 'celebrities'.

I don't have a TV, I don't watch TV, and I don't feel I'm missing anything.

Ali.

Does that mean you didnt like it???:getmecoat:

jonc3725 18th March 2016 22:25

I have been an avid watcher since the first series.

All those that moan about it not being a proper car show should watch 5th gear or some other dross.:mad:

I dont think I will be interested in the new format to be honest as I enjoyed watching 3 x baboons playing around. I'm not a fan of Chris Evans or Mat leblanc as a presenter (he is awful) so I am waiting with bated breath for the old team to come on to Amazon Prime. Shame they couldn't take the Stig with them.

Good luck to them as I feel they are doomed to fail in the same way any manager that took over from Fergy at Manure was doomed to fail:o