The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Items Wanted (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   <sigh> Rear chrome bumper trim needed (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30321)

Yojimbo 11th December 2008 10:28

<sigh> Rear chrome bumper trim needed

I was outbid on ebay due to my wireless going on the fritz, so recently missed out on the opportunity to get what I need.

This is proving to be a bit hens-teeth, but what I am after is the rear chrome bumper trim strip. It might also/ or just be the square-shaped bit (how about that for a description?) that is required, but either way it is NOT the rhs or lhs strips-just the rear.

Any help/heads up would be most appreciated. I just want my car to look the way it deserves to.

derekosb 11th December 2008 11:31

Hi Doug.

I would suggest you try one of the cars being broken for spares.

I have bought a couple of parts from one seller on ebay (mtd584) and he has been excellent. One or two other members have also used him and reported a good experience.

He has 2 75's breaking at the moment so why not drop him an e-mail to ask if he has the chrome trim you need?

(PM me if you can't find him on ebay).

Regards

Derek

Greeners 11th December 2008 11:38

Try Les@SMC (banner at the top), he's currently got at least one car being recycled.

derekosb 11th December 2008 11:43

Sorry, I forgot, always worth checking with Les at SMC, always seems to have most things (although not listing rear chrome at the moment).

Again, I have had some bits of Les and as with numerous members cannot recommend him highly enough.

Derek

Yojimbo 11th December 2008 12:11

Thanks for the replies. I've contacted that eBayer as recommded-fingers crossed!

I've dealt with Les a couple of times now and he's been superb. No rear chrome trim at the moment though :(

David3807 11th December 2008 12:51

If you fancy paying £60 + VAT they seem to be plenty about new at X Part dealers.

SMC Trading 11th December 2008 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yojimbo (Post 261813)
I've dealt with Les a couple of times now and he's been superb. No rear chrome trim at the moment though :(

I have got one on a car out the back but it has a small black mark on it, not sure if the chrome is damaged or it will polish off, I'll try later and if it's any good I'll let you know

Yojimbo 11th December 2008 14:44

Might not be a need Les (but thanks as always!). Derekosb's recommendation has sent me a couple of communications already and it looks as though I'll be getting the rear trim for £15 inc. postage.

Result. Thanks to the forum, and Derek I owe you a pint.

Also-recommend mtd584 on eBay for excellent communication/ability to source bits.

SMC Trading 11th December 2008 14:53

Glad you got sorted :weihnacht2:

derekosb 11th December 2008 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yojimbo (Post 261882)
Might not be a need Les (but thanks as always!). Derekosb's recommendation has sent me a couple of communications already and it looks as though I'll be getting the rear trim for £15 inc. postage.

Result. Thanks to the forum, and Derek I owe you a pint.

Also-recommend mtd584 on eBay for excellent communication/ability to source bits.

Hi Doug.

No problem. I have found this forum to be a tremendous resource since I got my Rover. Everyone has been tremendously helpful whenever I have had a query. so I try as well. Neil (mtd584) has been great for me and I am glad he has continued with his quick response and service.

Derek